How many of your customers have you seen in person

BlackStorm

Hey,
How many of your hosting customers have you met in person?
I would think that a lot of companies haven't met any of their customers, even many with a large customer base.
I would think that those offering other services along with hosting, more geared towards businesses, would have met up with some of their customers, maybe for planning, carrying out work, showing them what to do or just meeting up in general like a lot of small businesses like to do.

I haven't met too many people that I have worked with as them being a customer of mine, 3 to be precise ;)

I've met 2 existing clients of mine, they are friends from down the road :)

But I've never actualy met any cleint that has signed up themselves..

I dont think there is any need to personally meet our clients...But in some cases it may help especially if they are few in number....

Newbiesite.com --Premium web hosting for FREE, with superior friendly support

I know about six of my customers because they are local clients. I have never met any other customers that found me on the internet. But I have emailed and used instant messaging with many of them. We try to build a personal relationship with each customer. I even recently had a customer send me a picture of his new baby - just to brag.

As many others, I've only had the pleasure of meeting with some of the local clientel with the exception of one via video chat a while back.

I think meeting customers is a great way to improve customer relations, they are a lot more likely to stick by you through any problems if they know you personally.

Look at the big companies that arrange for their bigger clients to come meet them, all fees paid, EV1 for example fly the customers from all over the world to the states to meet them.

I think meeting customers is a great way to improve customer relations, they are a lot more likely to stick by you through any problems if they know you personally.

Sure is, plus it really helps spread your name around local businesses if you are hosting business sites ;)

I have arranged meetings with a few of my customers, had a pretty good time actually and it helped with business...isn't the life of a host great ;)

I dont think there is any need to personally meet our clients...But in some cases it may help especially if they are few in number....

If you are targeting the local market, it is a great move.
If you are targeting the local business market, its an even better move.
When working with local customers, word of mouth will spread very quickly if you are meeting customers in person, they will think about your company a lot more and are more likely to suggest it to another business or person they know that are interested in anything you offer.

As many as are local

I might get flamed for advertising by one of the moderators here again - but I can take it.

I stay in fairly constant contact with all of my customers through a newsletter, and about once a quarter, I invite all of my local customers to a "business networking" breakfast where they have a chance to build etheir businesses.

I used to be a director for a business networking company here in Indiana, so I have a lot of contacts that send me a fairly regular stream of prospects and referrals.

My customers seem to like the opportunity to meet other business people in the area.

John

I've spoken to them on the phone & see them in person when they come to the office

I thought I would resurect this thread as it is quite interesting. I have met several clients face to face. That is only a small % though and in general the only comunication has been over IM or email.

What I do find interesting is when a client signs up and you notice he lives just a few miles from you.

GideonX said:
I'd say about 5 to 10% of all my clients. That's what happens when you promote locally ;)

That's going to be the same for me soon.

I am targeting local businesses so I'm actually going to be going around their properties and talking to the owners as well as advertising in the local area (When I say local I mean in my country instead of worldwide on the net.