how much crap do you have in your office?

Rob

Ok so i decided enough was enough and i decided to have a massive clear out my office... i anticipated it would take me 3-4 hours but in actual fact its taken me 2 days so far. I found a few things which i thought it had lost and a lot of stuff that seemed to belong in the 80's rather than the 21st century.

One corner of the office of now occupied by empty boxes and old power supplies, hardware components and... a 1GB hard drive!!!

It amazes me how much technology has moved on since a couple of years ago and how all this stuff has managed to pile up. everything looks much tidier but i still have a few cables to rewire and the telco / network equipment to put back.

Do you regularly tidy your office or do you leave it to gather collections of crap?

I try to keep my office clean and organized, but it always lasts just a few days. After that I have papers all over the table with notes of things I have to do. So I will clean my table again a month or two later. However, my papers are well organized, each in its own folder, so I know where everything is.

Overall, I don't have much "crap" around. Just the things I need. Generally I avoid buying things I don't really need, so I don't run into such problems. :D

Do you regularly tidy your office or do you leave it to gather collections of crap?
Definitely the second option. I just can't ever decide to throw something out. What if I need it later at some point? Silly human behavior.

Last edited:
I actually tend to keep my office pretty clean. There is nothing worse to me than clutter all around me. I have a big office so I am keep things pretty organized and in an orderly fashion.

This was not the case at one point and I ended up throwing a $1,200 check in the trash and did not notice for days which was too late. So lets just say I learned my lesson.:uhh:

This was not the case at one point and I ended up throwing a $1,200 check in the trash and did not notice for days which was too late. So lets just say I learned my lesson.:uhh:
Oh my God, I feel so bad for you... this is worse than just losing money business-wise.

But hey, if the cheque is in someone's name, was there a way to get another one?

Oh my God, I feel so bad for you... this is worse than just losing money business-wise.

But hey, if the cheque is in someone's name, was there a way to get another one?

Unfortunately I never did get another one, but I think it worked out better in the long run reminding me to keep a clean and organized office so things like this do not happen in the future. What can I say, you live and you learn. :thumbup:

I actually tend to keep my office pretty clean. There is nothing worse to me than clutter all around me. I have a big office so I am keep things pretty organized and in an orderly fashion.

Wow, that is a tough and rough lesson to learn. I think just by hearing that, I've learned a lesson too.

I'm usually quite organized too, but when the work load piles up, sometimes I can get disorganized for a short period of time. I suppose if you place a good habit, then you'll be find in the long run.

I have a ton of junk in the office here at work. However, the company will not pay for all the old equipment to be taken away so there is no way for me to legally get rid. Oh well :)

I have a ton of junk in the office here at work. However, the company will not pay for all the old equipment to be taken away so there is no way for me to legally get rid. Oh well :)

See if you work from home you don't get that problem :D

Well after about 7 gruelling hours, numerous tea breaks, and swearing i managed to get everything back in and wired up. Its all tidy now... Ill upload some pictures later if i can remember where the camera is :crap: