How much do you spend for Design ?

kothar64

I was spending a lot of money for Design. But now I have become conservative and I am doing all my design myself.
I think I spend around 10$ for design alone when I started designing. But now I dont spend anything for small works.
How much do you spend each month for Design alone ?

Like you i do most of the designing myself. However sometimes i get royalty free images from a site like fotolia if i cant find what im looking for on sxc

I personaly run a lot of projects and I have spend different sum of money for that. All depends on project.

I cannot say how much I spend on design. It depends of the project. I dont really do my design, so I buy them. I have spent xx$ to xxx$ for a design.

Well, I designed our first site with the exception of the logo simply because I am not the best logo designer at all. I actually paid for this second design since we decided to put web design on the back burner and just target the local market.

I don't recall ever spending something on design per se, except some logos. I've always managed to find free templates that I liked. I guess I'm not a believer in design making sites unique. :)

Reasons for me using free templates were, at different points in time, not having the funds for it, not being able to make payments online, then Paypal wasn't available in my country.

Now I guess it's mostly a matter of habit, and me being frugal (some I imagine would say cheapskate). :)

I have taken inspiration for a few of my designs from OSWD - great site for free templates.

Greetings!

Designs are made by design team. The company pays them for a certain amount. Also we spent some amount for stockphotos.

How much? It differs depending on a project. Also we have to factor in
hardware and software investments.

Take care.

I think you are the most spent guy I have ever seen. I think you should have bought a new site for really a big price. I am sure that would be a 4 or 5 letter domain or even lesser than that. For what site did you spent that much amount ?

I do all my own design as well, so the most I spend might be a couple bucks for a nice stock image at $1/pic. I'm just as likely to not spend a thing though as I am a member of some great stock sites and my work speaks for itself when I request limited stock.

I do it myself all my designs, so i spend oly for elements or paying some freelancer to converting my site in html valid..

Last edited:
They say it is always wise to outsource projects in areas that can provide the same level of skills you need and can come out same good quality. Of how much depends on what kind of project you want, thats the same thing with designs. But I recommend spending designs on areas or location you know you will pay less but get the same web design or web development output. :shh: