How much is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubs

Hello all, sadly I am thinking of selling GamerGang. I have seen some threads were people have posted, Why waste your teenagers year hosting? This made me think and I have a whole life ahead of me to run a hosting company. I am asking you how much my company is worth...

The domain+ template (Template cost $30)
1 $10 / month client
3 $5 / month clients
1 $5 / month client that pays every 6 months (payment coming up soon)

Site stats:
Google Page rank : 2/10

October Stats

Unique Visitors: 225
Number of Visits: 368
Pages: 1182
Hits: 17377
BandWidth: 170 MB

Any ideas approx how much this is worth?

Depends on how much space/bandwidth the clients are using.

On a personal note from talking to you on AIM I'd just like to state the following:

First of all you are a very mature young man who has very good potential in this business. You have very good visions and plan ahead for your own future, which many youngsters do not. Kudos to you for being who you are.

Second of all you wish to sell your company? You are young now yes but you also have a good idea going for yourself. In the future you can always use that for your resume building, I had my own business in my teenage years (which I sold later on) but it is something that you will get very good experience in doing. If you are not happy however with how you are performing then selliing it may possibly be good for you. I think you have a good future in the hosting business after all so obviously if I didn't I wouldn't be typing this :).

Basically you should seriously think about it twice before selling your business. How much effort did you put into it? How hard was it for you to do everything you have done (is it worth it now)? In your youth you will make a lot of changes about what you want to pursue but I also like to highly encourage youths in sticking to something that they work hard in. So basically don't take selling your company lightly with a grain of salt.

As for the price
$100-$300
Is it worth that much to give up all of your hard work?

I know I am saying things differently now than what I do in the forums but I think there is always an exemption in certain situations :D. Just don't prove me wrong :devil: :twocents:

Last edited:
Yeah, thakn you very much for the compliments Senad. I am not officially selling it yet, but I have not been able to get anything going really. I have had the same amount of client for months now. As for the space and B/w you were looking for, my clients only use a mere 20200.49 Meg BW right now. As for Space, they use 2682 MB. Again, it is not final yet and I will have to see how things go on from here.

Senad, if you permit, I would like to disagree on the $100-300 evaluation.

He has 5 clients and consistent revenue of $30/mo. Now, I have seen people evaluation companies based on up to 24 months. But let's be more reasonable, and go for, say, 12-16 months, so that comes to a range of $360-480 USD, which is quite fair price for customers who are able to pay for reasonable hosting offers.

I personally would have never sold a company based on 12-month evaluation. At least 1.5 years. There is always more to the company than revenue. Goodwill should be always remembered.

Best,

Instead of selling it, why not try to look for someone else to come on board with you? It will mean less profit for you, but it will also mean less you won't need to devote as much time to it.

I sold a network of mine (webmaster related) about 2 years ago and since then have regretted doing so. I'd think long and hard about it before making your final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.