How much you spend on "buying link"??

charlesgan

:) .. March 2007, i spent almost $300 for buying links.
which included:
- 1 link from PR8 webiste
- 2 PR5 blog
- 5 PR4 website
- DP signature link

so, Tell me your story.

Honestly, I've never bought links for any of my forums or sites. If I was "serious" in them, I probably would advertise on bigger hosting forums, such as HD here.

I mostly advertisted by my sig and/or through emails. I was able to buy a email database from someone on a forum and was able to sent out many emails.

BTW, how are your advertising techniques working out? Did you get a lot of traffic from spending that $300?

Charles, what term did you purchase those links for? Is it a one-month term?

Personally I have never purchased text-links for PageRank purposes, and probably never will. I will, however, invest in a text-link if it provides targeted leads and works out to a great CPC ratio. I'll never buy a link on a site that has no quality content, no traffic but with a high PR due to massive link-building.

Best,

I don't think I would buy links (for PR related reasons only) either. The investment always seemed too high in my eyes, and tracking the results difficult, to say the lest.

I would stay away from link buying because Google's going to start to penalize you in the future if the websites that you're link's on has no usable content.

charlesgan said:
:) .. March 2007, i spent almost $300 for buying links.
And what impact did it make to your "business" ?

How many visitors extra did you get in March that you wouldn't have had anyway ?

Did the extra profit from all the extra sales through your affiliate links or whatever cover the cost of the links ?

Has your ranking in any of the main search engines changed dramatically ?

Realistic, you need to check the forum or site traffic before you purchase any of their link and ads. :rolleyes2

Never bought any links yes I have asked for them but never purchased one I prefer organic link building. I always look at onpage first then move to offpage optimization which never ends.

Google is smart enough to recognize those links that you buy and will not give you any credit and worst they may penalize you. Best to build link in natural way.

Google is smart enough to recognize those links that you buy
Really? How? Can you reliably tell if I've sold any links on my site or if I didn't? You can't, and neither does Google. :)

PS. For the record, I didn't.

You don't have to sell or buy links per se. Further, you can sell advertising, to a targeted audience, not that pharmacy/enlarge/gaming totally unrelated to your site junk. That one of the underlying reasons for the advertiser to get an ad spot may be the PR value, it's OK, and as long as the ad suits the website, people will not be bothered by it. You can see from Matt's post the type of links they consider as spammy. The further away you go from that, the safer you are.

Link buying is no longer recommend by google, and your site will get penalized so stay away from buying links. And there are plenty of other ways to promote your site so work on those.

For me, it is more time consuming to find quality website where is possible to buy link then achieve such link naturally.

What I don't like on link sales is the fact that is is in 99% cases sold for SEO purposes only. But why to build links only for SEO? I preffer to get real visitors from every link and the SEO efect is a bonus for me.