How to check if the webhost provide this service

ladyelizabeth

I'm a freelance designer and would like to host all my clients websites for them. Lets take for example i have 3 websites.

www.one.com
www.two.com
www.three.com

I would like to host all three using just one webhost provider. So lets say i sign up for a package that provides me with 300mb of space etc. How do i check if they would allow different urls in the same package. Most of the times i see subdomains but i dont need those. Please help....

Hi,
If you would like to know whether you are able to host more than one domain in one single account, look out for "Addon Domains".

For example, if the "Addon Domains" are three, it means that you are allowed to host another three domains. In total, you are hosting four domains. One of which is the main account, while the other three are the addons.

The addon domains have to be managed in one single account using the same control panel. If you would like to grant individual control panel for each domain, you would need to look for a reseller account. A reseller account allows you to grant such privileges.

silvermoon

Also check the costs. Some hosts charge for extra domains although with a reseller they will provide for example 50+ addon domains and control panels to give to clients.

As a designer, I'd suggest you get a small reseller account as this will give you the ability to control resource allocation, but also allow you to split the sites into seperate accounts so your customer could potentially access & maintain his account if required with no impact to your other customers.

I'd avoid the cheap end of the market as they often oversell which could cause you problems. A good non-oversold account will only cost about $10 per Gb of disk space (maybe less, but be cautious). Some hosts will also enable reseller on smaller accounts (we have 1 guy with a 250Mb account with reseller enabled for the same reasons as yourself).