How to correctly estimate bandwidth requirements?

ladyelizabeth

Hi

If someone has done some websites and decided to get into the hosting business as well,so many reseller plans out there and it seems that it has been made quite easy for us little entreprenours.

Everything is going fine, but I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to properly estimate bandwidth requirements for a website when offering hosting. I mean as a host you sell packages with limits to almost everything you give right, so how to correctly estimate bandwidth?

Does anyone have any rules of thumb or other advice that could be helpful.

Many thanks to anyone who responds and also to all of you in the community as these forums are really a great help.

Hi,
I'll give plans have b/w = diskspace allowed *(25~100) depending on
your plan options, and charge for extra $ for additional b/w required.
Why u want to estimate b/w for users? Isn't that the users will
determine how much they needed?
sudhanuj

Theres not any rule of thumb to decide bandwidth because you never know when you traffic sours up.But if you have bg files like video, mp3 or anythnig like that then you will feel thirst of bandwidth but if u have only text file then that really does not need TBs of bandwidth

Usually, lots of graphics, images and videos in the site adds up to the bandwidth, so minimize them. If bandwidth really soars, you might consider grouping your files into different servers.

Avoid uploading unnecessary graphics 'coz it really consume much bandwidth. Reduce images resolution and it's size to avoid complications. Be wise enough in estimating bandwidth in order to have a smooth flow upon accessing the web.