How to correctly estimate bandwidth requirements?

ladyelizabeth

Hi ,

If a person has done some websites and decided to get into the hosting business as well,so many reseller plans out there and it seems that it has been made quite easy for us little entreprenours.

Everything is going fine, but I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to properly estimate bandwidth requirements for a website when offering hosting. I mean as a host you sell packages with limits to almost everything you give right, so how to correctly estimate bandwidth? Does anyone have any rules of thumb or other advice that could be helpful.

Many thanks to anyone who responds and also to all of you in the community as these forums are

really a great help.

Do you mean estimate what your site will be using over the next month.... or do you mean how do you calculate what has been used for the month?

Hi,
I'll give plans have b/w = diskspace allowed *(25~100) depending on
your plan options, and charge for extra $ for additional b/w required.
Why u want to estimate b/w for users? Isn't that the users will
determine how much they needed?
silvermoon

Like SilverMoon says - most control panels you use to administrate you reseller account allows you to set the price of when a user goes over their limit. You can set the limit low and after the first month refund the account for the amount they went over and up their limit to the amount you now know will be sufficient.