How to search a Good Hosting Company?

peter phillips

There are millions of companies on the net who advertise themselves to be the perfect web company, but only few of them are REALLY proficient web hosting companies. In the world of advertising tactics and gimmicks, few good companies get overshadowed by the rest. There is no sure shot way to determine the perfect web hosting company, but it is possible to find a good company if we follow the consequent steps.

Quality V/S Price: Most of the companies offer web space at very low price i.e.99 cents, 1$ per month, these companies reckon to provide very high quality. What quality can you expect with 99 cents web hosting company? My point is, you can't get both quality and price, and you may have to compromise on one aspect at least. Therefore don't get tempted to buy from such low costing hosting company; you may lose on both quality and price. Have an economical budget, if you can afford high priced hosting company, good for you.

But if you can't, don't go very low on your budget. The best way is to keep a medium budget, not too high but not too low. Don't get attracted to the web hosting company which claims to sell web space at the cost of peanut.

Review, Research, Compare:

The first rule, don’t blindly believe on advertising tricks, most of them are over hyped, a website is the mirror of any web hosting company.

* Try to scan their websites, their web content, and their site layout. Flashy signs and no specific layout only spells trickery, also review their language in detail, if they have made tall far fletched claims that seems too good to be true stay away from them.

*Compare between the hosting company websites, their features, analyze their costs read their content and then decide which is the best hosting company. Comparison will help you to examine the features of hosting companies and enable you to select the one with the combination of best features and price.

*Try to get the opinions of the hosting company you choose from various acquaintance, business associates, friends etc. Give more importance to word of mouth, if they come from reliable and experienced source. Read various web hosting related forums of your niche market as well. You should also read various web hosting related forums. Also read the testimonials of clients on the website.

* Marketing people will go at any length to allure YOU to become a client.
Be wary of such people. While searching for a good hosting company, look for a clean, uncluttered and organized website. Every information should be layered in user-friendly and easy interface. The information should be precise as you wanted and you should have no doubts and confusion in mind, these would be the signs of a good company....but wait, don't buy the plan yet! You have now finalized on 3-4 good websites, but which of them really works well?

* Drop A Ticket: The web hosting company looks good and reasonably priced but what about their service, their response time? Find all these queries.

* If they are truly dedicated customer support, they will clarify your difficulty within shortest response time. If they answer in 2-3 days, they do not care for your valuable time.

* Furthermore by dropping a ticket about a problem which is persistent in your company, which should little intricate and complex and check their response, examine their knowledge when you're interacting on chat/phone.

If they respond fast with satisfactory solution, you have found a reliable web hosting company.

* Go on a free trial: The final test which will determine the reliability of the hosting company. Many hosting companies offer 30 days free trial offer or money back guarantee, you should utilize this service to judge their capability. in this way you can be able to gauge their server speeds, technical aspects, response time, staff attitude etc.

* Bandwidth problems: Some hosting companies support unlimited bandwidth, but for large amount don’t just go for unlimited, fix a bandwidth as per your need as to avoid conflict if any.

* Do they help you grow: Your website may be small now, but it may grow tomorrow Clarify these details how they are going to help you when you expand in future.

If you are contented by the free trial, you can be sure that you have found a reliable web hosting company.

This article is developed by etechsupport sales team to help especially the newbies who are looking for reliable host providers; I hope you shall add few more points and some suggestions.

Some good info, research is the key, also try to checkout tech support at night and see if it is as good as during the day. Plus like others have said do not make decisions by cost alone, because if that price is too good, is that way for a reason.

This guide is not only good for the customer but for the hosting company as well.

It is a template on what a good hosting company should be.

excellent post

There are over 35k hosting companies, everyone of them, will say we are the best we can't be beat" only if this was the truth . There is no such thing as the "best company" its just want is right for each client. Always google a company before buying package to see if they have alot of complaints, every company if there are of decent size will always have a few, but massive amounts means intern issues normally. :santa:

MOD NOTE: Post removed. Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll join to the possitive comments on your post and will add one more thing only. It is a good idea to check for hosts establishment. I belive we must support legal businesses.

cheers

I realize that this is an older thread but I'm new here so hopefully I'll be forgiven if it drives it to the top again. I've been burned a time or two and one of the things I have been looking for (I am headed towards reseller hosting this time as the current project's getting far to much traffic to keep on going and the hosts I'm with have some funny MySQL policies that appeared when I was changed over to a new server.)

I have it narrowed down to just two. I've been getting good response times in my tests and the pricing is very acceptable. The difference between the two is one is going to provide me with free IP addresses so I can have my own nameservers. Oh, and the person who answered one of the questions even offered to work with me to ensure that the transition goes smoothly so my own site won't lose data in the forum and other databases.

All of those are wonderful and over the past three months (I still have hosting available until June actually and it's all paid for but I'm likely to just leave it there and not worry about it) I have spent a great deal of time researching, watching uptimes, watching the site's listings for the number of sites they host etc... All that is well and good but the reason a number of otherwise decent offerings aren't making it to the final round is longevity.

I don't want a site that's full of glitz. I want answers easily available and an intuitive layout. I don't want gizmo's and design tools foisted on me at affiliate rates - I want them to support server to server FTP. But what I really want to know is that they've been in business successfully for a good long time and that they're going to be here for a while longer. I want to know that not only do they have money invested but they have time invested and a true desire to host.

So, when I buy this hosting package and bring the people with me it's going to be pretty expensive to start. I am going to buy the whole year's worth (thank God for refunds just in case) and grow the business as my company's site's traffic is also growing. In picking between these final companies it's likely going to come to longevity and the format they responded in.

KGIII

I think the best way to search for a good web host is by using a web hosting directory so that you can see what sort of prices they charge for what they are offering.

Once you have search through the directory and found some good plans that interest you from a few web hosting providers. I would then go to a web hosting related forum like this one and ask people their own experiences with them. If you get bad comments about some of the ones that you have chosen, they are the ones that you need to dump and then keep the ones that you have had good comments about.

After that, If you still have more than one to choose from I would write another thread with a forum poll asking which is the best out of them.

I agree with john238, after choosing a few hosts from web hosting directories by comparing their plans, you may research hosting forums for customer comments.

Well ..that was a good article ..very precise and to the point..
I would also suggest reading reviews on hosting companies on various forums like this will also help.

Yes . it was great article , can help every one when choosing the web hosting company. as there is really many scam in the market .
Great Work.