HowTo: cPanel on port 80 using mod_proxy

there are some security issues if you enable this on your account, so we advise you not to do it.

But it is a good tutorial!

there is a feature on cpanel that will allow you to check the IP of the last login made, after you implement this, you will not see the IP of the last login since it will be the localhost IP right? all the logs will only have the access from the localhost.

also, you will increase the server load, since cpanel is not designed to work over apache, did you experience any performance issue?

Surfwebhost said:
there is a feature on cpanel that will allow you to check the IP of the last login made, after you implement this, you will not see the IP of the last login since it will be the localhost IP right? all the logs will only have the access from the localhost.

also, you will increase the server load, since cpanel is not designed to work over apache, did you experience any performance issue?
Your comment on the last login IP address is true, but this is also the case when using the cPanel proxy PHP script. You can still check the domain log of your cPanel domain in case of abuse, but personally I never had any form of abuse on cPanel itself.

I didn't experience any server load issues. The Apache proxy module is efficient and fast. Some customers say the cPanel over port 80 (using mod_proxy) is faster than connecting to cPanel directly (on port 2082). I'm not sure why though. Maybe because of QoS settings on the ISP side or the ISP using caching proxies for connections to port 80.