Hypocritical Responses

purple

What do you do when you contact your host and in their response to your ticket they contradict themselves and are hypocritical, other than change hosts as fast as you can find a suitable replacement?

I personally think that shows lack of knowledge and or experience on the hosts behalf. Fortunately I only deal with a datacenter as I am the host myself, and I have a few choice managers that handle my account.

Hard to say without more information.
What makes them hypocritical?
How did they contradict themselves?

What do you do when you contact your host and in their response to your ticket they contradict themselves and are hypocritical, other than change hosts as fast as you can find a suitable replacement?

Hmmm can you tell more what do u mean with contradiction and hypocritical :)?

I'm not sure what is the purpose of this question.

If the web hosting provider is hypocrtical or contradicting themselves, then obviously they do not know what they are doing.

It is time to find a new host. Nothing else you can do, unless you want to risk your business with a provider you do not trust...

I think I know what you mean. It's like they are telling you something at first and when you call them to let them know it didn't work out that way... they make it seemed like YOU misunderstood. It's really bad for business, theirs and yours. So I agree with the rest, change the host.

Everybody working for the company or the owner of the company should always address problems in a very professional matter. I guess what I would do is be civil with them and back up all your files until you do decide to switch to another provider. I have definitely been in this position before and it's not right whatsoever.

Companies always want to be right. And this is the problem now a days. And a lot of times when you address a problem to them they some how flip it around and the problem because your fault when you know it wasn't. Always to make themselves look good.

I'm not saying this is every company out there but there definitely a selected few that I have dealt with before becoming my own provider. But I take it in as a knowledgeable way now and don't bring that kind of "garbage" to my business. Always learn from others mistakes.

If you have lost faith in your hosting company to provide you both the support and service that you believe you deserve, then you should move to a new host. There's no point in delaying the enevidable. If they tell you one thing, and then contradict themselves, you should point it out to them. It could have been a typo (like forgetting to include the word "NOT" or something).

If you are getting contradicting stories from various reps, then that needs to be addressed with them too. If their answers do not satisfy you, you should cancel and move.

In business, the customer is right. Granted they can't ALWAYS be right, but they shouldn't be made to feel like an idiot either. Sometimes customers need to be corrected or shown when something is wrong, but HELPING a customer and TELLING a customer are two different things.

Just as you have an idea in your head about how you should be treated, your customers expect the same. Treat others as you want to be treated and everything will work out. You can not control the upstream, but you can remove your service with them.