I forgot to introduce myself. Hello!

depictedminds

This comes a little late, but I'd like to introduce myself to this forum.

My name is Steve, and I am a Website Development Instructor in sunny Queensland, Australia. I have been in the teaching industry for the past 13 years now, originally commencing in network administration (unix/bsd) and moving forward to website design and hosting.

At present, I teach diploma level php development - particularly focused on third party interaction (such as payment gateway integration), and I am also a website accessibility consultant for level 4 website design instruction. I also teach javascript and jQuery as elective modules for diploma level students.

My purpose on this forum is to share information with website hosts and website designers - I am moving into website hosting in multiple ventures as an external professional activity, and am interested in the discussions held in this forum. I am also seeking input from website developers (and hosts alike) regarding teaching these technologies to students - specifically reviews of our current teaching materials. I believe this is a very proactive method of improving the learning opportunities of students studying these technologies.

I intend to be very active on these forums, specifically related to php, java, or accessibility topics. I look forward to networking with you all!

Great into indeed. I think your ideas regarding teaching the methods behind hosting the websites you build has great potential. With struggling economies, students beginning their first job may find themselves responsible for the entire web server, not just the design aspect, as roles within their department has been consolidated.

Before finding my job at SyApps, my main source of income was website design. I specialized in converting full flash sites into functional, search engine friendly, equally animated sites using jQuery. I'll be sure and stop by the design forums to see how things are going.

Have a good one and again, Welcome.

Hello Steve, welcome to our web hosting forum. It has been a joy to have you around the forums so far and I thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself! It will be great having you visit us as a regular member. :)

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to get in touch directly.