I hate webdesign!

MangoWebs

It's hard for me, I cannot seem to learn photoshop. I know basic HTML, but thats about it.

Im always outsourcing, which is costing me a lot of money.

dont worry dude im horrible when it comes to design. im more with programming and setting up websites. while im at school i think i will take a web design class so i can offer web design for my up comming host company.

try this place, i learned how to make a few things from this place:

http://www.pixel2life.com/tutorials/

i plan to buy fireworks soon as i heard photoshop is a resource hog. and also i dont have 700 bucks to throw on anything

Practice makes perfect. Choose a design you like and try to replicate it in Photoshop. You might be surprised how much you can do.

Maggot -

In my opinion (and many others) taking a class on design won't make you a designer. Design isn't like development where it deals in absolutes. I would suggest, for all you great developers out there, to find a great designer to partner with.

You can always trade services in place of cash. This will save you a lot of time and frustration.

KeithMcL said:
Practice makes perfect. Choose a design you like and try to replicate it in Photoshop. You might be surprised how much you can do.

Great point. Some people believe that web designing can be learn over night and the next day produce a a professional website.

AdosHost said:
Great point. Some people believe that web designing can be learn over night and the next day produce a a professional website.
I've tried, and I've learned that I'm the type that just has to pay others to do it

I'm the same way. I could spend hours trying to make a little banner or graphic and it always turns out looking like a 3 year old did it lol.

Rus said:
Maggot -

In my opinion (and many others) taking a class on design won't make you a designer. Design isn't like development where it deals in absolutes. I would suggest, for all you great developers out there, to find a great designer to partner with.

Taking a class or learning by yourself is important i guess.
Afterall, you need to know how to draw a line using photoshop.
You have to learn the basic skills and then you can let the creativity flow.

AdosHost said:

Yes it is art more than science. As you know in art, things go non-linear. When you start think like a crazy, it is the right time for creating some interesting web-design examples. When you feel comfortable or relaxy, stay away from design.

I'm self taught, thats how i learn best. I agree dotcomguy science does not reall come into web design.