i need help finding a SIMPLE Adult-friendly processor

yegg57

a long time ago I used paypal's shopping cart until they discontinued adult stuff... Ikobo and I mutually annoyed each other and the nice folks in Austrailia at YOWCOW ripped me off for several hundred dollars.

I would prefer not to have to install a complete shopping cart system onto my website, rather I would like to just have the coded buttons on my site with all the shopping cart and stuff hosted on the processing company's website.

Again this is for a website that sells adult DVDs.

Thanks in advance,
Charley

Hey Charley,

I think what you are looking for is called a high risk merchant account (it covers a whole range of potential services and products, including direct marketing, adult industry, weight-loss products, etc). There is actually a lot of competition in the field, but expect to pay higher fees than traditional merchants. I'd recommend searching the web either for "adult merchant account" or "high risk merchant account".

I think artashes has hit the nail on the head. Its high risk for a good reason and Im sure there are many places out there with rather than your normal run of the mile prices. Do the same as you would for any other service, check all prices and compare before setting up with just one.

In other words, yegg57, don't try and cut the corners on this one.
You will always get into some kind of trouble/resistance with traditional merchant systems as they usually do not support your type of product, so in the long run you'll be better off with a specialty merchant, and, hopefully, avoid losing hundreds of dollars, like in the case of YowCow.