I Started a Web Hosting Company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

24HostKS

I Started a Web Hosting Company for about 1 month now but yet did not get any Clients or Buyers. can anyone tell me how can i grow my company and start selling a little bit

I Started a Web Hosting Company for about 1 month now but yet did not get any Clients or Buyers. can anyone tell me how can i grow my company and start selling a little bit

Hi
First looking at your website

1) You need a professional looking logo
2) if you have no clients then i take it 'what clients say' comments are not relating you your services, so if that's the case remove them as no one likes fake reviews
3) Remove the 'Write a Review on 24HostKS' form as its not needed and can be replaced with a simple text link to a separate page
4) on your about us page The youtube video about different hairstyles is not needed
5) in then about us page If you dont have clients also remove 'Proudly Hosting Over 1,000 Websites Since 2019' as it is false info.
6) Make sure all your footer links to the correct page
7) create a terms of service and privacy policy page
8) i would also get your WHMCS integrated with your website as it looks more professional as at the moment it does not look that was an no way for anyone to get back to your website.
9) Create some sort of knowledgebase

See, just looking at your website and the SSL products you should add the price by year not monthly, because in checkout looks another price (annually). For me the most important thing is to not lie to your customers. Always a happy customer will bring more customers. Hope this helps.

24HostKS

First, let me explain it's going to take time for you to grow. Rome was not built overnight.

How are you telling people about your new business?
Are you advertising?
Do you have a business plan?
Why did you start the business?

Here is the thing, I started my hosting business in September of this year. Which is not that long ago. However, I have grown somewhat and its because I followed what I was told by the wonderful people here at HD.

You really need to be patient and do all you can without spending alot of money.

24HostKS

First, let me explain it's going to take time for you to grow. Rome was not built overnight.

How are you telling people about your new business?
Are you advertising?
Do you have a business plan?
Why did you start the business?

Here is the thing, I started my hosting business in September of this year. Which is not that long ago. However, I have grown somewhat and its because I followed what I was told by the wonderful people here at HD.

You really need to be patient and do all you can without spending alot of money.

That is only part of it, they need to make sure what they state on their website is true as people will research hosts and especially when it comes to testimonials as i did a quick search and found many instances of the names listed in the testimonials on his site using different pics, but same comments.

Proudly Hosting Over 1,000 Websites Since 2019
Remove that ASAP.
Remove the hosting advice review stuff

I can't tell you how pissed off I got just reading that 1,000 websites line - especially since you just opened the doors.

If you take nothing else away with you, DO NOT LIE.

You state an uptime guarantee that you stand behind, but you don't list what that is. (should link to it)

Terms of service & privacy policy are not linked
Contact page is completely different than the rest of the site.

There's some work to do to build trust on the account. The page design is clean, but you'll need to build some real trust for someone to hand over money.

Actually the WHOIS is causing me an issue, as I have a co.uk and Nominet now just saying that they are able to verify the owner.

Domain name:
unixguru.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 11-Jul-2019

Registrar:
NetEarth UK Ltd t/a AdvancedRegistrar [Tag = NETEARTHONE]
URL: https://www.advancedregistrar.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 13-Dec-1999
Expiry date: 13-Dec-2025
Last updated: 11-Jul-2019

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.unixguru.co.uk 51.89.230.85
ns2.unixguru.co.uk 51.75.168.86
ns3.unixguru.co.uk 54.38.72.66
ns4.unixguru.co.uk 51.75.172.129

WHOIS lookup made at 10:43:49 31-Oct-2019

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2019.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
by the terms of use available in full at https://www.nominet.uk/whoisterms,
which includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

I thought under the UK law hiding the contact information wasn't possible - maybe that's been reversed. I know in years passed you couldn't enable protection on it.

I think the there has been a change due to GDPR, nominet have removed personal information.
We don't hide it though, it's on every invoice.

I thought under the UK law hiding the contact information wasn't possible - maybe that's been reversed. I know in years passed you couldn't enable protection on it.

with nominet if you were using a domain to make money then you have to show your details, but since GDPR in the EU/UK then they say they cannot display personal details

There are many other issues you won't hear of until your account has already been activated and your credit card billed.

This thread can be closed now, hes already out of business.

Because of people like him, it makes actual businesses harder to run, we have to try harder than godaddy to earn their trust.

Thank god he had no clients.

This thread can be closed now, hes already out of business.

Because of people like him, it makes actual businesses harder to run, we have to try harder than godaddy to earn their trust.

Thank god he had no clients.

found this on google

24hostks.host: available for sale
https://24hostks.host
Contact Seller. Get in contact with the owner and place an offer using the form below, however the seller will only respond if they are interested in negotiating ...

1) You need a professional looking logo
2) if you have no clients then i take it 'what clients say' comments are not relating you your services, so if that's the case remove them as no one likes fake reviews
3) Remove the 'Write a Review on 24HostKS' form as its not needed and can be replaced with a simple text link to a separate page
4) on your about us page The youtube video about different hairstyles is not needed
5) in then about us page If you dont have clients also remove 'Proudly Hosting Over 1,000 Websites Since 2019' as it is false info.
6) Make sure all your footer links to the correct page
7) create a terms of service and privacy policy page
8) i would also get your WHMCS integrated with your website as it looks more professional as at the moment it does not look that was an no way for anyone to get back to your website.
9) Create some sort of knowledgebase

Follow this. Very good. Also seems your website is not opening some how. Is you business down? This type of business takes time you have to wait and be patient.

Follow this. Very good. Also seems your website is not opening some how. Is you business down? This type of business takes time you have to wait and be patient.

looks like the OP has closed down as he has not been back on this forum since posting this question. also seems to be an issue with whois information

looks like the OP has closed down as he has not been back on this forum since posting this question. also seems to be an issue with whois information

As expected. Mostly teens or frustrated young man wanna start an online business but has no patience and strategies. Only has a reseller hosting and a domain name.

As expected. Mostly teens or frustrated young man wanna start an online business but has no patience and strategies. Only has a reseller hosting and a domain name.

Reminds me of ebay during then UK 6 weeks summer holiday and the increase of 'unlimited everything for £2 a year' posts and these vanish when the schools go back. I normally like to ask these so called kiddie hosts simple questions any host should know and it amazing me just how little these know about hosting. i remember 1 who had no idea what DNS was or what a dedicated IP was.

Remove that ASAP.
Remove the hosting advice review stuff

I can't tell you how pissed off I got just reading that 1,000 websites line - especially since you just opened the doors.

If you take nothing else away with you, DO NOT LIE.

You state an uptime guarantee that you stand behind, but you don't list what that is. (should link to it)

Terms of service & privacy policy are not linked
Contact page is completely different than the rest of the site.

There's some work to do to build trust on the account. The page design is clean, but you'll need to build some real trust for someone to hand over money.

This is akin to that "how many cups of coffee, projects completed, happy clients count widget", like you are not updating all your cups of coffee so probably not projects or clients either. And people know that so immediately whatever else you say is to this user if he has stuck around is questioned.

I mean trust is probably top 3 of what needs to happen initially on website if not top second to interest maybe before you can even think of pushing for a proper sale.

Its just breaking the sales funnel.

This is akin to that "how many cups of coffee, projects completed, happy clients count widget", like you are not updating all your cups of coffee so probably not projects or clients either. And people know that so immediately whatever else you say is to this user if he has stuck around is questioned.

I mean trust is probably top 3 of what needs to happen initially on website if not top second to interest maybe before you can even think of pushing for a proper sale.

Its just breaking the sales funnel.

The OP came on here and asked a question and several people gave him answers to help him (we are a good bunch in helping those starting in the industry), but he chose to not return and thank us, but instead he closed his site down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting