Ideal Cluster setup for VPS's

re:

You should consider VPS mirroring solution in this case. As it is not a cheap hosting solution but if you want to offer ideal VPS set up, then you need to consider this solution as well.

You can create VPS on a main node, just like any other VPS, however, you need to create same VPS with same configuration on another node, which would act as a slave VPS. Hence, if one VPS node goes down due to any reason, then another VPS node can execute all the operation of that node without any fault. :D

You should consider VPS mirroring solution in this case. As it is not a cheap hosting solution but if you want to offer ideal VPS set up, then you need to consider this solution as well.

You can create VPS on a main node, just like any other VPS, however, you need to create same VPS with same configuration on another node, which would act as a slave VPS. Hence, if one VPS node goes down due to any reason, then another VPS node can execute all the operation of that node without any fault. :D

Since you are not putting any load balancer or round robin DNS in your description, I feel you are actually placing two identical VPS on different nodes, and this will not work, talk about arp storms.

Last edited:
re:

Since you are not putting any load balancer or round robin DNS in your description, I feel you are actually placing two identical VPS on different nodes, and this will not work, talk about arp storms.

I believe, it's common sense thing:devil: If someone willing to set up VPS mirroring solution, he need to consider load balancing and round robin DNS so that the reason I thought there is no need to define it separately.

If someone read my post carefully, he/she can easily understand my recommendation. :) and if anybody don't understand, then it is not my fault :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost