I'm doing photography

gooooogle

I've spent far to much time infront of my computer in the past which is why I do less of it now. I'm at a new school (three years left) which means more homework and tests, I train more and I've become a lot more interested in photography then I was before. I will start comming to this forum regularly again but not as often (I've said that before, I know it).

I wen't to town on Saturday with my Godfather. He knows LOADS about photography and so I exchanged a few emails with him when I got interested in doing more photography. I asked him loads of questions and eventually he sugested that he take me to a kamera shop in town. So I called him and we mett in town. He took me there and we stood there looking at kamera's discousing the pro's and con's of the different models. Eventually I found one I liked which fitted my wallet and told him that I would come back and buy that when I got the money from the bank. He told me there was no need to do so and bought it for me as a gift. He loves takeing photos and so he was obviously pleased that I was interested. I now have a Centon K100 SLR. It's certainly not a new camera kind but the thing with analoug camera's is that they have been making them in great quality for several years now and so old models work really well.

I hope to be able to impress him with a few photo's when I get my first film developed. I'll get one of those cheep cd's with low res scans of the pictures so I can post them here. If I find something I really like I will take the negative down to the shop and have them make a high resoloution scan for me.

Glad you have found something you like so much :)
Always good to have something you like doing in your free time.

That was very generous of your godfather to buy you that also :)

I'm sure you will do some great photos, I have already seen a few you have taken and posted on the forum.

Looking forward to seeing a few more :)

I went to the library today to get some school work done and I brought my camera along. Walking to the library usually takes me 30 minutes but this time it took me one hour. It would have taken even longer if it had'nt started raining. That's when I put the camera away and started running to get out of the rain. Luckily it stoped raining while I was in the library and so I had the chance to take a few photo's on the way home as well but I took a shorter root and so it only took me 45 minutes this time.

Because I use film I don't have instant results. I was going to get them developed tomorrow but I have to work most of the day so I have to do it at a different point. I do have a lot of digital photography on my hard-drive. I'll take a look at them and show you a few of them.

[EDIT]In Norway you still have to do one year of army service (unless your docter tells them you can't) and I just learnt that you can spend it as a military photographer. Basicly you run round with all the other soldiers during training but instead of taking holding a gun you hold a camera. I would love to go to Northern Norway and take photos during the yearly Joint-Winter exercise when the US-Navy SEALS and the British SAS come to train with the Norwegian FSK and other parts of our Norwegian army. Regular press people are not allowed in to take photo's because they get in the way, so to document it the army has their own team of photographers.