Is Drupal really all that?

OwlMan

I've attempted to use Drupal over WordPress for a couple of projects of mine but in the end found it too complex and couldn't find the right modifications to suit my needs so I ended up using WordPress like I originally had planned. I hear a lot of people vouch for Drupal though and have seen some pretty impressive sites built using it so I know it is powerful but I still don't think it's as user-friendly as WP and for a non-expert developer, it seems rather overwhelming. So should I continue using WP for basic CMS needs or is it really worth learning Drupal?

I've used both Drupal and Joomla in the past in the hopes that they'd work well to quickly launch a site and add content and I agree, they are unneccesarily complex and not nearly as supported as WP.

I'm a big WP fan, so I'm biased, but if you feel comfortable with it then I'd suggest working within WordPress in order to use it as a more robust CMS.

Here are Dan Katz’s thoughts on the subject. It also has links to other comparisons at the bottom of the post. I prefer WordPress, but Drupal has it's niche.

I am not a fan of drupal of joomla by any means. Word press works pretty darn good. I like the Vivvo CMS though. Cheap, easy, and works.

Both Drupal and Wordpress have their own advantages and features for you to develop your own site.
It takes time to adapt yourself into the interface and configurations. It is the same experiences when you start to learn and use Wordpress.
Maybe you need to spend more time it. Either which CMS that you choose, i still recommend you continue to learn and testing. Other people opinions could not be assumptions for you.