IS Google Adword worth a try for marketing budget?

dedisolutions

Hey guys, my team decided to try other paid ads and we are thinking about doing google adwords. But before that I would like to ask some opinions about how effective it is given the cost .

Looking forward for your answers ::)

I can't speak for web hosting but I do use it for one of my content websites.

It can be effective but it's very important to target lots of long tail keywords rather than those that are highly competitive.

For example the most expensive would be:

web hosting

this would be crazy to bid for but aside from the cost if someone searches for web hosting they are not always looking to purchase.

It would be better to target:

buy web hosting

it's going to be cheaper as there's less searches and it is going to send more targeted traffic.

you should research deeper.
AdWords is very strong tool for your SEO. It shows a lot of different aspects of the searches and statistics for the past time (you should just google it)
And keep in mind this: the longer (and more specific) search terms are, the easier it will be to rank on the term. Long tail keywords are more specific and less common, so it's easier to find specifically your product/service or whatever. They focus more on your niche.
Another benefit for focussing on long tail keywords is that, although these keywords are used less in search, the visitor that finds your website using them is more likely to buy your service or product. So your conversion will rise with higher chances.
As for the ads - they're good, too. But you should research it, too, so it can fit your niche and your business. Like target audience, etc...

Google Adwords is a good way to build your keyword popularity in search engines. You need to run a successful campaign with the right keyword to get benefits worth it. Not all get success, but its worth a try.

And it also depends on wich market you aim for the same keywords in the european and american market are much more expensive than other countries abroad so if your aiming for countries outside those 2 markets it can save you a lot of money.

For our business, google adwords is one of the main client gateway. It is really useful and there is hardly any other match that can compete with it.

Correctly utilizing Google AdWords requires some research and tweaking. You really need to analyze what your competition is doing to rank above you. Programs similar to SpyFu help.

It works if you have it optimized very well in relation to what you offer BUT the cost per click for Hosting related keywords is becoming prohibitive for most small firms with a limited budget.

As the others have stated, Adwords can be very effective, depending on the industry and the level of research that you've done.

We're working with a therapist currently, and here's some things we did;

• 25,000+ keywords - we performed competition research and gathered this list
  • 12,768 keywords - this was the unique number of keywords across all 12 competitors
  • 500 keywords - this is what we narrowed the initial list to, after removing irrelevant terms like "how to" "how much" etc
  • 57 keywords - this is what we finally settled on
  • 18 keywords - the number of focus keywords for SEO Content
  • 16 ads - the number of unique ads created in his campaign
  • 7 categories - the number of categories each keyword fell into

Each category has UNIQUE keywords to trigger the category, and each category has 3-5 ads (from the 16 that were made). Here's some categories for example; anxiety, depression, therapy, relationship, counseling

So, now that we have all our keywords, all our categories and our ads created, it's a matter of creating the campaign and setting budgets and target areas and devices.

In most cases, an adwords campaign can see a 1-3% clickthrough rate, so if you're spending $1 per click, you need $100-$300 just get get the person to your site - then you need them to convert.

By spending the time to do the keyword research, our current click rate is at just under 62% and the conversions on those clients are at 17%.

We call that a win, and so does the client!

Adwords work, if you do the research. You need to target your niche pretty deep, but if you're paying for each person to come to the site, you had better be very specific about who you're looking for. Don't just open your wallet and plug in a few words - you're going to loose your ass if you do that. Spending the money on research so that you're getting in front of the right clients is paramount!

Hi, yes google adword really works if you familiar with aw.

here are my recommendations for you.

Use keywords in ad text
Keep ad group keyword list short
Avoid bidding wars
Set higher bids on exact matches
Use negative keywords
Use a relevant landing page
Test multiple versions of ad

Thanks

Hey guys, my team decided to try other paid ads and we are thinking about doing google adwords. But before that I would like to ask some opinions about how effective it is given the cost .

Looking forward for your answers ::)

Google adwords can be a total waste of money of you don't optimize everything right. So do it yourself but spend some time learning about how to do it properly. Otherwise, hire an agency.

Do solid in depth research on your terms first and bid wisely. Don't get sucked into feeling it's best to have to bid high for the top result.

You can try with a small budget for a start. Always remember to have a plan and timeline in mind. Choose the correct keywords and identify the right target markets for each Google Adwords campaign you are running.