Is your customer satisfied with your service ?

kothar64

I think most of users are involved in hosting business. Me a hosting reseller.
Are our customers satisfied with our service ?
My customers are satisfied with my service and I have not yet lost even a single customer and I am proud of that !
What about you ?

The questions is - how do you measure customer satisfaction? Is it based on customer retention rate? Number of support tickets? Number of positive feedback received? etc

I am in the same boat, my user base has grown tremendously. Also our tickets are answered and our clients are always left saying "thank you" and how our services are good.

Artashes said:
The questions is - how do you measure customer satisfaction? Is it based on customer retention rate? Number of support tickets? Number of positive feedback received? etc

I think I would mainly consider two items:
1) Repeat tickets - are customers contacting support/billing for the same issues over and over?

2) After ticket comments. What does the customer say after the technician has solved the issue? Do they take the extra 30seconds - 1minute to type out more than just a "Thank you"? Do they even type out a "Thank you" or do they just take the ticket as solved and the issue as closed and continue about their day?

Well I think mabye every year or so, sending a survey to your clients would be nice. It's a great way to see what they think of your service. Also, replies on hosting forums reguarding your services can be a good method. It's hard to evaluate your hosting biz, just because there are many angles you have to account for. The way I see it, is every little bit counts. Tickets, surveys, customer base etc..

Harry said:
Well I think mabye every year or so, sending a survey to your clients would be nice. It's a great way to see what they think of your service. Also, replies on hosting forums reguarding your services can be a good method. It's hard to evaluate your hosting biz, just because there are many angles you have to account for. The way I see it, is every little bit counts. Tickets, surveys, customer base etc..

I really agree with you Harry :) good point.

Yes, Satisfaction depends on many things. But till now I have never received any negative feedback from my customers. I would just ask them one question, if they are satisfied with my service, If they say yes instantly then I would be on cloud nine, and If they hesitate to tell me any answer, then It implies that they are in some problem, and I have to solve their problem.

Harry said:
It would be interesting to see the difference between the internal picture (based on current customer surveys) and the picture as revealed by customer reviews freely posted on the web. I recall a hosting company's survey indicating (according to them at least) a 96% "satisfied" customer base. The reviews would seemingly picture something closer to 50-50. I took it as proof that negative customer are more easily prompted, but also as an effect of such a survey not accounting for the customers that have already left the service due to dissatisfaction.

A company must be careful to interpret these surveys correctly.

kothar64 said:
I would just ask them one question, if they are satisfied with my service

Do you really ask them that..? hmmmmmm nice tip to know whether their really satisfied, im gona try that too :thumbsup: