Its that time again...need a new phone - Any suggestions?

BlackStorm

Hey,
I need to get a new phone again and I'm looking for something I can do all my work on the move this time, if possible.

The main thing is being able to read emails properly (HTML emails inc) and view websites - Specifically forums.

Is there a phone that has something close to a real browser that lets you do almost everything you can in a browser?

I have been contract for a while but I'm tired of being stuck with the same contract for so long so if I can do it prepaid that would be even better :)

Thanks!

I will take a look around and see what I can find. The N70 I just got will not be up to the task of what you want. You might be looking at getting a PPC whith built in phone like the O2 one or something similar. I will see what I can find and get back to you on this.

Take a look at the BlackBerry phones. I hear they are quite well liked by buisness people. That's what they said on CNN anyway.

We have a ton of people in the company with BlackBerry phones. There is even a mailing list they subscribe to in the company it seems.

My N70 is on the 3 network and it may be a 3 restriction. It doesnt have a full web browser that I have found yet. You can browse around for free on the 3 mobile site and thats free to browse. You can then download their videos, music, watch TV etc... at a charge. But, you cannot go to www.domain.com and browse around there unless you pay for the web service. That is then restricted to their own directory of sites like BBC News, eBay.

Email comes text only also on their web interface for free.

However, if you want to connect through a laptop with BlueTooth you can use it as a modem but that costs around £45/Month I believe and thats only for 500Mb of data transfer/month. It is at low broadband speeds which is quite good though (around the 300kbps mark).

There may be another 3rd party add on browser for it (Symbian OS) but I do not believe you could access at 3G speeds though.

Not too worried about the speed, it would only be used for anything critical or if I cant access my email for a long time - Just a backup :)

The thing with blackberry though is its a monthly charge, I'm looking to just use a pay as you go phone.
I don't think I will use this as my main phone because most are really big, Id rather have a smaller, lighter phone to take about most of the time but when I know I need it, take around the phone that has proper net access.

Is the N70 available on pay as you go?

I believe it is available on PAYG... but I am also sure you will be paying a high price for the handset if you go this route. It would probably be a few hundred pounds.