Kosovo claimed their independence...

crislem

... and even though Serbia doen't approve of it, they can't do anything about it. I am not on anybody's side, I just happened to think that it is an interesting concept, how a country like Serbia can't do anything when its territory is chopped. That is just because bigger countries support Kosovo and that is it, you can't fight with that. :) So you are and independent country, but you can't really "rule" it, you have to abide to what "big brother" tells you... I would like to see what USA, England or France (or any other big power) would do if something like this happened to them...

Last edited:
The main trouble is that Serbia was internationally guaranteed sovereignty. And now that is being... forgotten. It's one of the few occasions when I find myself agreeing with Russia, but when they're right, they're right.

Then again, that whole area has been troublesome for a very long time now, before the start of WWI. A profound change is probably seen (by some powers) as the only solution for long term stability.