Krispy Kreme

Acalita

Anyone close to this place? I know we have members here from all over but I can never decide which is better, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. For me I live off of sugar on some days (right now I have my extra bold coffee on the desk), just heard that KK is offering free doughnuts this weekend due to day lights saving, anyone going to grab one?

I think I am going to take my kids since they have never been, if we can hit up a shop that shows the process of making them the oldest would love it, he loves everything when he can see how things are built, so I think we have a little engineer on our hands.

Krispy Kreme is great warm, but man they can overdo it on the sugar. If you have two or more they can get to be a hazard...

Nothing better than a fresh Krispy Kreme donut IMHO! And the smell... I do like DD as well, but if I got a choice I'm going with KK.

That's it, now you got me craving some delicious KK donuts! :D

My preference has to be DD, but there aren't any close. I always go to a local donut shop up the street called Donut Delight. Not only are they the best with the greatest varieties, they're also the least expensive. There's only one and it's family owned.

Oh My God! I love Krispy Kreme, expensive here in the UK though, not sure about the US, £4 for 3 donuts, what where they thinking?

Mind you they do taste great!

I actually learned about them well after I was in my twenties and now I understand why. I am originally from the east coast but when I moved out west for a few years I was introduced. I remember being pregnant and only wanting the sugar too which thankfully I did not turn diabetic. The kids loved the trip out and as soon as everyone came home everyone hit the toothbrush. I am happy to say we do not visit as often as the kids would like otherwise they would be bouncing off the walls non-stop! :D

Well here I'm showing my age again, we use to sell them in HS in school clubs to raise money for our organizations. Back then Krispy Kreme's were only down in the Southern states of the USA. Never heard of a Dunkin Donuts till I went up North to work as an adult.

I will never forget how good they would taste coming hot out of the fryer, then covered in glazed sugar, served warm, that little round heartattackawaiting fat pill. I felt bad when they went public and later tanked since I knew another part of my childhood has gone away, but looking at my belly, I must admit it has left it's mark.

That is the opposite for me, I always knew about Dunkin Donuts being from the north but it was not until I spent some time out west before I realized what a sugary doughnut really was. It is not a place we visit a good bit but it is nice once in a while. Have you ever been to any of the A&W family restaurants by chance? I love them!

may sound a bit off topic, but it kinda got me thinking. Would there be difference if Krispy Kreme would be called Krispy Creme? would C instead of K create different connotations in your head?

I actually learned about them well after I was in my twenties and now I understand why. I am originally from the east coast but when I moved out west for a few years I was introduced. I remember being pregnant and only wanting the sugar too which thankfully I did not turn diabetic. The kids loved the trip out and as soon as everyone came home everyone hit the toothbrush. I am happy to say we do not visit as often as the kids would like otherwise they would be bouncing off the walls non-stop! :D

One sip of soda and my kids go cray cray too.. lol :thumbup:

We limit their sugar intake so good that a simple candy can have same effect as a double espresso in an adult!:crazy:

That is the opposite for me, I always knew about Dunkin Donuts being from the north but it was not until I spent some time out west before I realized what a sugary doughnut really was. It is not a place we visit a good bit but it is nice once in a while. Have you ever been to any of the A&W family restaurants by chance? I love them!

Another good memory from the past and the funny thing the last time I saw one was up north about 10 years ago that had the original sign etc, the Root Beer was fantastic, in the frosty mug and everything. You don't see them down south anymore, bout the only thing that has made it is Dairy Queen and I'm kinda surprised at that.