lenient or iron fist?

Acalita

Is anyone here more lenient to a reseller customer than they are a stand alone? We have had some specific reseller with us for years and I am always known as the mean one when it comes to billing. This guy has been slipping for the last year. First it was a few days late, then a few weeks late, then a month.

This month I had to suspend him but he dodges us (emails, phone, tickets) and oddly enough within 4 hours of being cut, he paid his bill. Has anyone else had this before specific to a reseller, how long do you wait, longer than a stand alone or keep it the same? It is only this one client if everyone did this it would be horrible or course but I try to be nice when I can. :(

Is anyone here more lenient to a reseller customer than they are a stand alone? We have had some specific reseller with us for years and I am always known as the mean one when it comes to billing. This guy has been slipping for the last year. First it was a few days late, then a few weeks late, then a month.

This month I had to suspend him but he dodges us (emails, phone, tickets) and oddly enough within 4 hours of being cut, he paid his bill. Has anyone else had this before specific to a reseller, how long do you wait, longer than a stand alone or keep it the same? It is only this one client if everyone did this it would be horrible or course but I try to be nice when I can. :(

Have clear but strict billing/suspension policies in place and stick to them, always.. Make sure your customers know them by heart, as well. If they contact you asking for an extension for XYZ reason, then try to work with them as long as it doesn't hurt your business, simple as that. :thumbup:

A business needs to stay profitable at all times, otherwise it's just a charity. ;)

we can be lenient in some cases if a client would contact us first, but reseller or shared they are treat the same. We find with resellers if their is an issue on their own account, we used to suspend their domain only unless it was non payment, but they used to ignore these , so not with any issue of any kind we suspend a reseller through WHMCS as this also suspends all their clients accounts, which for some strange reason always gets their attention.

but getting back to non payers, we have strict policies and stick to them