live video streaming update chk out "ustream"

therivershow

Hey Now! Within one week of pointing out no discounts at pacific host
on this forum, they now offer one of the best deals . I'd like to think it
was because of my original post, and the power of the net and this forum,wishful thinking?I'm so ready to sign up,but have some questions and one observation.I have been advised to keep domain registration seperate
from host(I have multiple domains) but a free domain or tranfer is offered with a slightly more expensive package.Since I'm pointig servers to my new host anyway, is there any disadvantage in doing both?
Should my "most" descriptive "dot" be with registar or host? Domains are less expensive with regestar.Looking forward to answer.:confused:

Observation to NUBIES;It seems that a presignup with a host,will give you an even better deal on your computer id. So wait a few days before you commit to see if they sweeten the deal.The same deal was
not offered on original inquirey from different IP address.:thumbup:
"ustream" is a free and looks great for sharing live and more! peace.

I chose Pacific Host

No one answered in this forum so I posted question about domain seperation on the appropriate forum(domain sub-forum )and got great responses.I am now officially with Pacific Host for under$50.00.This is
what google wanted basically for a free site with teck support (called premier)and would have been a waste of $ compared to a hosting account. And their non-support crazy loop system is what drove me away.sorry google but u are not nubie friendly and your teck answers
were useless to me.I'm glad I researched hosting, instead of your "JOIN OUR PREMIER SERVICE" just so I could get a human.I had a working site with apps working password,:crash:
but could not enter help forum with same password Very frustrating.Even their co/regitrar (godaddy) was more informative but also useless.I just wanted my mail recieving turned back on(mx records just dissapeared) and finally
gave up,after hours of trying.I will be updating my experience with Pacific Host and thank everyone for their informative responses!:agree:pS I still think post on hostingdicussion manifested
a Pacific Host sale,and gave me a presence on www

I wouldn't use a free domain registration from a provider but if I did I would make sure it was one that I could stand to lose/live without.

I wouldn't use a free domain registration from a provider but if I did I would make sure it was one that I could stand to lose/live without.

I completely agree. If the domain is important to you fork out $10.00 and get it directly from a domain registrar knowing it's in your name. It’s such a small cost for a good piece of mind.

Better to ask what ownership rights you will have for a free domain name registration. In case if ToS of the hosting company which offer free domain registration correctly and fully describe what you will get then you may use or not use this offer, or maybe just look for Go Daddy offers