Looking for software........

radv

I am looking for software to run on our local intranet. Basically I want it to do the following:

- Allow each user to customize the look and add links, content, etc for themselves. This would be on a per user basis.

- Allows the admin to add pages that will interface with some of our internal databases. Also allow the admin to add links, etc that the user cannot remove.

Does anyone suggest anything? Thank you.

Sounds to me like something thats probably better off coded by hand.

You could try setting up something like a Forum (like this at Hosting Discussion) though its not extremely customisable unless you have the skills to be able to do it. PHPbb is one nice free option for this kinda of thing or you could try vBulletin or Invision although those are quite pricy.

Maybe think of looking at a custom solution. From what I know offhand, <Advertising Removed. Equinox, you know better than this.>, WebDT and maybe AvidNewMedia offer these kind of services (although I am sure there are many others).
If you look for someone to design an individual solution please post your request in the Employment Section.
Good luck in finding an effective solution.

Regards,
~Equinox

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going forums i'd reccomend Invision Power Board (IPB) they have a really nice GUI (customizable) and very good admin control panel.