Looks like a junk host... Your Opinion...

kylespringer

http://www.pronethosting.com

Check this company out. .01 web hosting... what a joke if you ask my opinion.. You pay a .01 a month and see what kind of support they spend on you, if they even download the support email you send them, they have lost money off that deal, may be a loss leader, but what a horrible one. Also notice there BBB logo... They are not a member of the bbb nor are they listed. I could be wrong about them, but I've gotten pretty good at spotting the duds. What do you guys think. Good idea or bad?

hmm... I just checked out the site. Some of the graphics do appear to be in need of some tweaking (it appears the "vote for us" banners for hostindex and webhostdir have been resized but not optimized). Other than that, the site looks fairly well put together. They have a decent ordering script in place too. But I could not find any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies. Perhaps I just missed them?

But back to your point..... $0.01/month hosting. I looked at their plan, and it allows 2 MB of storage space, 1 GB of transfer and 2 POP email accounts. You can't put much more up than a small business-card website without going over your 2 MB storage quota. And after about 6 months of stats building up in your account (assuming web stats are offered), the 2 MB will be maxed, and the customer will have to either upgrade, or delete their stats.

So.... is this just good marketing as people will likely end up on the $4.95 plan anyways? Or will it just end up pissing customers off?

Rob.

It does sorta look like a junk host.
.01/ month? How can you pay for the servers with that? And they go from 1GB/ month of transfer, to unlimited... thats a huge jump, even tho the price is is huge jump as well.
I wouldent trust them. It doesent even look like they have live support OR Ticket support.
How did you find them? Google? They dont dont really seem new, the domain was registered in 2001 and expires in 2008 :-/

it depends on how you class "junk", personally i dont beleave a good webhost needs to spend a fortune on a website design i think the money should be saved and put into support and improve the service to make extra capital to then jazz up your site.

but there package is rediculous in my opinion.

Maybe you can just them be :) They will close and go out of business if they do not retain any customers.

It looks like a junk host to me too. $.01 is not a legit price for any hosting plan. Even for 1 mb disk space and 1 mb bandwidth ;)

The .01 is probably a way to get people to try their services, in the hope that customers will upgrade. It's dangerous to offer a truly "free" plan, because it's a spammer and hacker magnet. However, if you charge something very small, it's a little safer because it's tied to someone's credit card or Paypal account.

This is exactly what is wrong with the industry now days. School coming soon so I think alot of these types of hosts will go belly up.

You do have to give them a little credit...

They do have a toll free number listed
They are still in business

And they no longer offer the 1 cent plan

You do have to give them a little credit...

They do have a toll free number listed
They are still in business

And they no longer offer the 1 cent plan

Toll free numbers are cheap. You can get them for hardly nothing at all. I want to see how many domains they host currently. BRB

Well they have had the domain since 2001 and host 867 domains so far if webhostinginfo is correct. Not bad! I do not see a huge profit if everyone got the penny hosting or $1.50

So yes you have to give them credit if they have been in business since 2001:D

This is exactly what is wrong with the industry now days. School coming soon so I think alot of these types of hosts will go belly up.

Theres one positive to this. Once school is back in and they find they can't handle there customers anymore and go to sell them we can buy them all up :)

Ever notice the higher selling hosting customers threads after summer?