Lpanel VS Modernbill

Colorteck

Hey all I have been using Modernbill for years now and came across the Lpanel software.
I really like some of the options they have but am a little worried about making the switch. I have been playing around with the new version of Modernbill (5) but still like the way Lpanel feels and looks. Anyone have any opinions that have maybe used both?

I really like how everything is together like chat, Ticket system, so on and so on. Right now I use Modernbill for billing and Kayako for our ticket system.

I seem to be getting alot of SPAM from lpanel so today i blocked them. Amazing. We only signed up for the demo and tested it out but i didn't like the aweful stories i was hearing about support or there lack of it. Once the demo expired i started getting tons of email from them. Talk about desperate!! I think i received 3 just today so after that i added them to the blacklist after i sent them a not so nice reply! :rolleyes:

We have used both MB and Lpanel. The Lpanel interface is much faster to navigate and complete tasks for both the client and admin unlike MB, but it lacks support for VPS/dedicated server sign ups.

We have used both MB and Lpanel. The Lpanel interface is much faster to navigate and complete tasks for both the client and admin unlike MB, but it lacks support for VPS/dedicated server sign ups.

I heard their support was simply aweful. Worst than Modernbill's if you can believe that. Thats why we decided "NO"!

the thing we didnt like about lpnale was that upgrades fixed problems but created equal showstoppers! Although we did like the auto-upgrade overnight feature.

Lpanel has a lot going for it - but they need to iron out a lot of problems, especially with support.

We recommend clientexec - very stable software with some great features and being actively developed. Great support too. In my personal opinion - CE cant be beaten for value.

What i didnt like about Lpanel was the way it messed with the server, adding packages etc in a demo mode. I just dont like the integration. Its hard enought to get a stable cpanel version but then for something else to be messing with our cpanel settings is just not on. It would be better if this application would simply install as a 3rd party module and not try to modify internal setthings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost