Marketing You Web Hosting Business On A Shoe String Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is the same as for every other unlimited offer.
They are liars.

Not all of these sleazy schemes are illegal. Amway for instance. Great for sucking people into a get rich quick idea.

Possibly.
But what it usually ends up being is a free for all of people signing up to forums to spam their new URL thinking they are going to get rich with no investment and no time input.

No sir after establishing several profitable business ventures, and selling profitable business ventures, I have learned that there is no such thing as GET RICH WITH NO INVESTMENT. I am not sure what your motive is with this statement, but there are several avenues in which someone can choose to make money. There is no easy way to make money. There are some ways that are more simple than others, but those are all debatable. Who exactly told you that I have not made an investment in this business?????????????????????????? Can you tell me what your point is????????????????????????????????

So what's your take on DreamHost to begin offering unlimited plans on their dedicated servers beginning March 21?

I'm not familiar with Resellers Panel - if they are running a pyramid scheme, why have they not been shut down? At this time, it appears they're down - http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.resellerspanel.com

I am not sure what his problem is......but there is no pyramid schemes, no comparison to amway, no GET RICH QUICK without an investment thing. Who told him there was no investment made???? Every viable business offer requires and investment. An investment is either made at the front end or the back end but there is nothing free.

My take is the same as for every other unlimited offer.
They are liars.

Not all of these sleazy schemes are illegal. Amway for instance. Great for sucking people into a get rich quick idea.

WOAAAAAAAAAAAH! Hold up! What a choice of words. Nobody is sucking anyone into any get rich quick schemes......You are so misinformed friend.

Btw, I would say that the hosting business would be one of the hardest businesses to get rich quick in. As you can see it is cut throat and very saturated. To assume that I was suckered into a Get rich quick scheme is fairly ignorant of you since you do not know me. Quite insulting if you ask me.

No sir after establishing several profitable business ventures, and selling profitable business ventures, I have learned that there is no such thing as GET RICH WITH NO INVESTMENT. I am not sure what your motive is with this statement, but there are several avenues in which someone can choose to make money. There is no easy way to make money. There are some ways that are more simple than others, but those are all debatable. Who exactly told you that I have not made an investment in this business?????????????????????????? Can you tell me what your point is????????????????????????????????

Perhaps my point is that since you signed up you:

1. Used an illegal signature to try an promote your company
2. Advertised on your site 20k clients when that is not true
3. Advertise the lie of unlimited hosting

I don't really care how much money you put in. A template website offered by a questionable provider doesn't make you legitimate.
You failed to point out any of those successful ventures when I asked before, after you tried to maintain you had those 20k clients.

If you want to do business, fine. Do business.
If you want to be dishonest and deceive and break forum rules as a means to forward that business then this is really not the place.

That is my point.
I have no motive other than to keep this forum honest and above board and to try and keep our industry free of scams and dishonest operators.
Every single shady operation is a black mark on this industry.

1. Used an illegal signature to try an promote your company2. Advertised on your site 20k clients when that is not true

I don't really care how much money you put in. A template website offered by a questionable provider doesn't make you legitimate.
You failed to point out any of those successful ventures when I asked before, after you tried to maintain you had those 20k clients.

If you want to be dishonest and deceive and break forum rules as a means to forward that business then this is really not the place.

That is my point.

I have no motive other than to keep this forum honest and above board and to try and keep our industry free of scams and dishonest operators.

AN ILLEGAL SIGNATURE???????????????????????????
A QUESTIONABLE PROVIDER????? A MATTER OF OPINION I AM SURE YOU ARE THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE HERE. YOU ARE THE CUT ABOVE.

I AM BREAKING FORUM RULES??????????? ODD THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INFRACTION.

SCAMS AND DISHONEST OPERATORS?????? CAN YOU PROVE THIS OR IS IT LIBEL???? WHO HAVE I BEEN SCAMMING???? ARE YOU A VICTIM OF ANY SO CALLED "SCAMS" BY ME?

YOUR ATTEMPT TO KEEP THE FORUM HONEST AND ABOVE THE BOARD IS BEING MADE BY TRYING TO DRIVE ME AWAY FROM THE FORUM. AT LEAST THAT IS THE WAY IT LOOKS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting - I'm seeing just the opposite here. :D

:) You know how these scandulous get rich quick with no investment schemes companies are?

OOOOOPPPS the hosting Police are present. They are attempting to rid the hosting business of these schematic companies....er..... companies that they dont want to compete with. However you want to interpret it.

AN ILLEGAL SIGNATURE???????????????????????????
A QUESTIONABLE PROVIDER????? A MATTER OF OPINION I AM SURE YOU ARE THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE HERE. YOU ARE THE CUT ABOVE.

I AM BREAKING FORUM RULES??????????? ODD THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INFRACTION.

SCAMS AND DISHONEST OPERATORS?????? CAN YOU PROVE THIS OR IS IT LIBEL???? WHO HAVE I BEEN SCAMMING???? ARE YOU A VICTIM OF ANY SO CALLED "SCAMS" BY ME?

YOUR ATTEMPT TO KEEP THE FORUM HONEST AND ABOVE THE BOARD IS BEING MADE BY TRYING TO DRIVE ME AWAY FROM THE FORUM. AT LEAST THAT IS THE WAY IT LOOKS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm certain that people here will be impressed by your outrage.
Capitals for every word. Very mature.

Yes. You did break forum signature rules. That is a fact and any mod here will verify that. Denying it now is pretty silly.
Those are the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Those are the rules that you accepted and read.

If you feel a libel suit is in order then by all means initiate one. Otherwise save your hollow rhetoric for the kids.

If you choose to leave the forum that is your option.
If you choose to behave like a professional and not embarrass the community you are certainly welcome here, as is every other legitimate host.

1. Used an illegal signature to try an promote your company
2. Advertised on your site 20k clients when that is not true

That is my point.

Hello Friend,

While we are on the topic of dishonest hosting schemes let me throw one at you here. On your website http://hampshirehosting.ca/ you offer a FREE SITE BUILDER. I would like to know is that free after you purchase hosting or can anyone use the program?????? If it is FREE after the purchase of one of your hosting plans, then can you tell us how you can say it is FREE? Someone had to purchase something to receive it. You also advertise that you can receive one month free!!! Will you offer that one FREE month to a customer that doesnt first pay for 11 other months? There is nothing free pal. It sounds schematic to me. But you know what I will stop because I didnt come to this forum with intent of building up my business while attempting to downgrade another business. Remember one thing pal, he that throws mud loses ground.

Although I'm not an AMWAY distributor, I do not characterize their operations or marketing strategies as sleazy, and neither do the courts. They're also not a pyramid scheme.

Providers who offer affiliate programs aren't sleazy either, and no, we don't offer any, but plenty of respected providers on this forum do.

As far as template sites, pleny of successful providers use templates to start out. We're using a highly customized template ourselves.

offered by a questionable provider
What exactly makes them a questionable provider?

Hosting Discussion seems to have gotten a whole lot more abrasive these past few weeks. I hope that's not a continuing trend. Discussion and varying opinions are certainly welcome, but the tone here has taken a dive.

I'm certain that people here will be impressed by your outrage.
Capitals for every word. Very mature.

Yes. You did break forum signature rules. That is a fact and any mod here will verify that. Denying it now is pretty silly.
Those are the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Those are the rules that you accepted and read.

If you feel a libel suit is in order then by all means initiate one. Otherwise save your hollow rhetoric for the kids.

If you choose to leave the forum that is your option.
If you choose to behave like a professional and not embarrass the community you are certainly welcome here, as is every other legitimate host.

So you are on the admin team? I appreciate your mercy in allowing me to remain on the forum with my "SO CALLED ILLEGAL SIGNATURE." Can you please paste the rules here as they relate to signatures as I am willing to humbly accept and comply.

If all the resellers are "one-day flowers", then where does "Resellers Panel" get the 20,000 customers? :rolleyes2

That's a lot of resellers!

Besides jmatos, is anybody else in HD a "Resellers Panel" reseller?

It sounds to me that the other posters here know an awful lot about reseller's panel. I never said I was a "resellers panel" reseller.

Nice try junior.
Perhaps you would be better served somewhere else.
Your choice of course.
If you choose to lie about unlimited resources, there is a definition for unlimited (perhaps you could look it up), then more power to you. I'm sure the clients that you lie to will not have an issue with it.

You can continue to embarrass yourself here by taking me on or you may want to choose to approach things in a different manner.
Your tactics will be called out on every legitimate forum until you choose to act in a professional way.

They get their clients by lying and offering the world.

They offer unlimited resources and encourage their clients to do the same.
They allow the client to use their site and their text to make sure there is minimal cost.

It's nothing more than a sleezy pyramid scheme and the only ones getting rich are Reseller Panel.
They don't give a crap how many people get screwed by their resellers and their dishonest policies.

At what point should I wonder if you have taken your meds today? Seriously. :shaky:

Nice try junior.
Perhaps you would be better served somewhere else.
Your choice of course.
If you choose to lie about unlimited resources, there is a definition for unlimited (perhaps you could look it up), then more power to you. I'm sure the clients that you lie to will not have an issue with it.

You can continue to embarrass yourself here by taking me on or you may want to choose to approach things in a different manner.
Your tactics will be called out on every legitimate forum until you choose to act in a professional way.

It is a matter of opinion friend. I appreciate your feelings in the matter and they are noted.

Although I'm not an AMWAY distributor, I do not characterize their operations or marketing strategies as sleazy, and neither do the courts. They're also not a pyramid scheme.

Providers who offer affiliate programs aren't sleazy either, and no, we don't offer any, but plenty of respected providers on this forum do.

As far as template sites, pleny of successful providers use templates to start out. We're using a highly customized template ourselves.

What exactly makes them a questionable provider?

Hosting Discussion seems to have gotten a whole lot more abrasive these past few weeks. I hope that's not a continuing trend. Discussion and varying opinions are certainly welcome, but the tone here has taken a dive.

The courts don't give a crap about many sleazy schemes.

If you haven't looked at the reseller panel site then come back when you have.
ANY site offering unlimited resources is a lie and a scam. Period. That makes them questionable.
You can talk tone all you like but there is a huge difference between differing opinions and lying.

I have been saying this for the last six years and I will continue to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett