Maybe this can be a thread on its own

PeterShene

Opinions on WordPress Gutenberg , the test version... anybody ? Ive only slighly messed around with it nothing to in depth as my those days are a little behind me. Though as it was were i started i still am curious.

It's a love it or hate it scenario. Many WordPress site builders are scrambling to make sure it works with Gutenberg and that it doesn't make their design plugin/theme incompatible. I think there is still a lot of people that don't like it on the WP reviews?

Thanks for the update on Gutenberg. I think it's about time WordPress evolved beyond its classic editor. I've been using Elementor for some time now and it's great. Gutenberg looks promising.

Yea apparently the project is still in its infacy, from what I read big guys like elementor, divi, visual composer and maybe some i missed are looking to integrate themselves into gutenburg.

I think lesser site builders like site origin are going to get knocked off and the same for many plugin developers, I know this is a dog eat dog world but I just cant help but feel this commoditization of the web is taking food off the table from some theme, plugin developer who has spent years doing what he does. If this was a offline think you could be sure there would be strikes and appeals. I hope that it fails.

It tough though, this world is really adapt or die.