MEGA site is now online

VMhosts-Gordon

So it looks like Kim Dotcom's new cloud upload service is up and running.

Despite all it's claims to be fully legal and secure, I'm not convinced, I'd still prefer to keep my personal files with drop box for now. Anyone thinking of getting an account?

yes its all over the net http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21106584

the name also suggest its just going to be another Megaupload, so will go the same way and hopefully this time they lock him up

Its a wonder he is allowed to start another site the same as magaupload after the FBI took megaload down and still displays their notice on that site

great statement

Mr Dotcom has said the new site complies with the law and warned that attempts to take it down would be futile.

Last edited:
250,000 registrations in Day 1. This must be one of the most successful launches by an Internet company, outside the top three-four players.

Mega seems to be in your face with the terms of service and notices that copyrighted material is not allowed. They also encrypt material so that nobody really knows what is stored on the server. It is interesting how long or how successful it will be, but with those registration numbers they are already making money.

but them terms will not stop users breaking them. but i am 1 person that wont trust him or his sites http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom

I am surprised so many people jumped on this site after thousand of people lost their legit files when the FBI took down his megaupload site.

strange the new site is hosted offshore.

Love that quote from Mr Dotcom - makes him sound like a super villain :)

If people don't think there is not going to be copyrighted material on there then they are seriously mistaken.

It's not something I'm going to be subscribing to anytime soon!

I doubt he has turned over a new leaf. Just found a more intelligent way of washing his hands of any potential blame down the line..

Oh new site huh... well another site to raid and another raid session haha lol.

hes made it harder this time by using offshore servers, but this time when he does get raided as he will, hope they get all the facts and dont go half cocked like they did with megaupload, this is why he is still free to start again.

hes made it harder this time by using offshore servers, but this time when he does get raided as he will, hope they get all the facts and dont go half cocked like they did with megaupload, this is why he is still free to start again.

He is still free to start again because the raid on megaupload was illegal :).

If Mega was to be raided again and closed down then really so should YouTube and the likes?

(Off topic: Has anyone applied to be a hosting partner with Mega? How did it go for you?)

He is still free to start again because the raid on megaupload was illegal :).

who says?

too many people think it was just taken down bor copyright infringement because they cant read simple statements

it was taken down due to my dotcoms criminal background and the site being also used for racketeering and money laundering. if it was illegally taken down why has he not been given the domain back and all those legit files handed back to their owners.

who says?

too many people think it was just taken down bor copyright infringement because they cant read simple statements

it was taken down due to my dotcoms criminal background and the site being also used for racketeering and money laundering. if it was illegally taken down why has he not been given the domain back and all those legit files handed back to their owners.

Who says: A high court judge found the warrants used by the FBI to be illegal which they had used to raid dotcoms mansion & seize hard drives.

As for not giving back the domains - Well I can't answer for that. Though the us gov did say they own every .com, net and org and are entitled to take them without a court hearing.

Last edited:
Who says: A high court judge found the warrants used by the FBI to be illegal which they had used to raid dotcoms mansion & seize hard drives.

As for not giving back the domains - Well I can't answer for that. Though the us gov did say they own every .com, net and org and are entitled to take them without a court hearing.

they cant take over a domain without approaching ICANN and they need strong evidence.

his main server was in USA which gave the FBI the right to seize this and any server clustered to this server. They may have been a bit heavy handed but they still had evidence and it still does not excuse the fact that dotcom was using megaupload as a front for money laundering and racketeering as the money users were paying him was being used to fund illegal activities. many people think it was just taken down for copyright infringment. but its no skin off my nose if people still trust and want to give their money to a known criminal

I'm not sure of the story behind the money laundering so I can't put my opinion on that though if thats the case then good thing Megaupload was closed :).

they cant take over a domain without approaching ICANN and they need strong evidence.

They don't have to approach ICANN nor provide evidence. A simple court order to VeriSign and the government has the domain - The likes of those illegal documents used for the original raids.

I'm not sure of the story behind the money laundering so I can't put my opinion on that though if thats the case then good thing Megaupload was closed :).

They don't have to approach ICANN nor provide evidence. A simple court order to VeriSign and the government has the domain - The likes of those illegal documents used for the original raids.

.com domains are governed by ICANN, so they would need to first approach ican and even a court order would need evidence to go infront of a judge,

still does not gewt away from the fact dotcopm is a know criminal that was using megaupload as a front for major crimianl activities that in the end has left many genuine users without thier files and then as soion as he set up again these people join his new site and as soon as the sites taken down again ( which it will at some point) they will come on forums and cry "my files have been taken and i cant get them back" who would be to blame for ignoring warnings

I was not even aware that he started a new site. I also was not aware of all the illegal stuff. The only thing I knew about was it was closed down for copy write infringement. Kind of like what happened to napster.

I sent customers to magaupload when they were trying to send really large emails. I mean these were 10mb are larger emails. I now send them to a site called sendspace.com. If it is just photos though I some times have them use webshots or photobucket.

I can not even remember how I came across megaupload but I think it was mentioned on another site that I go to. However I really do not remember. I may have just done a google search to find a site that people could use to send large files instead of trying to send them via email.

Well it looks like Kim Dotcom is up to his old tricks agin

Read Here

3D-Printed Gun's Blueprints Downloaded 100,000 Times In Two Days (With Some Help From Kim Dotcom)

Wonder what else he is allowing to be hosted and shared from his site

.com domains are governed by ICANN, so they would need to first approach ican and even a court order would need evidence to go infront of a judge,

still does not gewt away from the fact dotcopm is a know criminal that was using megaupload as a front for major crimianl activities that in the end has left many genuine users without thier files and then as soion as he set up again these people join his new site and as soon as the sites taken down again ( which it will at some point) they will come on forums and cry "my files have been taken and i cant get them back" who would be to blame for ignoring warnings

While ICANN governs all .coms VeriSign is the contracted .com operator so court orders will go to VeriSign and not ICANN (Or maybe you could go to both?)

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2086539/verisign-obeys-court-domain-takedowns

http://blog.easydns.org/2012/02/29/...oreign-registrar-on-behalf-of-us-authorities/