[MERGED] Problems with HostingRefuge

Freckled

Problems with Forum

I know this doesn't belong in this topic you can see why I had to put it here in a minute.

Has any once notified John that all the main topics categories such as announcements and the lounge area are not showing up. I no the server was down earlier today and was just curious if he knows.

That is why I had to put this here is I can't see the other categories.

I can see the other categories ok.

Have you tried CTRL+F5?

edit: The lounge appears to have gone.

The Lounge, HR News and Announcements and Introductions are missing. They were all in one category.

I can't even see the listings for those forums if I try typing in the URL (forumid=1, forumid=2, etc.)

Designerrefuge.com seems to be utterly down, with no forum in the folder. All you see is a directory listing.

Dont have ANYYYYY clue what is going on here.
3 techs working on the problem with the server, 2 from my provider.
Posted about the vb problem on vb.com but they aren't too sure yet, gave them more details though so hopefully that MIGHT help.
All tables seem to be working ok in the db so dont know what is wrong

Cant get into the db using phpmyadmin because its just giving a blank page...both the using it through cpanel and the root phpmyadmin

Posted about it on cpanel forums but my post was deleted :eek:
Not too happy about that....

There were other posts which had the same problem, but nothing in those helped. Included that in my post but ah well :rolleyes:

This weekend has been so bad...Easily the worst weekend I have had to do with hosting...

Say a prayer for me, the techs, and the server :D

Jeebus H. Cardboard, what a mess.

Didn't you just move to that DC recently? And that reaction from the CPanel forums is just a wee bit sharp - or ominous. I could understand it if they posted, "That problem is with phpMyAdmin, please contact their support community" and then lock the topic - but an outright deletion?

Yeah.. big mess.. also this weekend really not good, got some stuff to take care of, might not be around much...

Still havent heard anything back from vb.com support..
The forums are all in the sql dump as i downloaded and checked it so I don't see a reason for them not showing up.

Where is a smiley with an irish man pulling his hair out when you need it :eek:

Hey John, we still love this forum and will patiently wait for the fix. I am sure you are almost bald by now so the crying irishman might be a better one now. :bawling:

Have you checked all of the settings in your vb admin control panel?

Maybe you've stopped certain usergroups from seeing these missing forums?

Have you checked all of the settings in your vb admin control panel?

Maybe you've stopped certain usergroups from seeing these missing forums?

They aren't even showing in the admin panel either so it wouldn't be permissions.
No-one at vb has come up with anything that can help yet either :(

Hehe yep its all pulled out now Freckled.

Please feel free to post in all other forums until I can get the 3 other back!

Hostingrefuge.com problem??

I know this in the wrong forum... but I cant see the HR Announcements/Intro/Lounge category. Is it just me or are other pople experiencing this too?

Hope the crash we had thur/fri/sat didnt mess too much up

Sorry John :(