Microsoft offers webhosting! :(

Wow...Who's going to pay $12.95/month for 100 megs space, on a windows server. I wouldn't. I think many people would prefer to pay $3-4/month for linux and cpanel to a host that takes paypal.

Ok, I was looking at the page and the live help image scrolled across..I could'nt help myself...

Chat InformationA Small Business Expert will be with you momentarily. Thank you for your patience.
Chat InformationWelcome to Microsoft Small Business Center. Our live chat employs the highest standards of security in the industry. All chats are 128-bit SSL encrypted. This ensures completed confidentiality of all information provided including financial transactions.
You are now chatting with 'Jeff'
Jeff: Welcome to the Microsoft Small Business Center. How may I help you today?
you: Microsoft uses liveperson
you: lol
you: Man.. this is a mind blow
you: Microsoft.. a host.
Jeff: You come on this service to tell me what I already know? LOL
you: actually.. you alerted me
Jeff: And you Accepted
you: Was this Billy's idea?
Jeff: You should ask him
you: You ever met him?
Jeff: Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Small Business Center. Feel free to visit us again at www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness. We ask that you please fill out our Exit Survey so we can better serve your needs in the future.
Jeff: Microsoft would also like to invite you to our free Microsoft Connections seminars that are designed for small businesses such as yourself. For a seminar near you please call 1-877-MS-EVENTS or visit http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/connections/default.mspx
Chat InformationThank you for your interest in Microsoft Small Business' products. If you have any further questions, please contact us toll free at 1-877-637-8159.
Chat InformationYou are not currently in a chat session.

It was nice to see they had a sense of humor.But more suprising, Microsoft pays for livehelp, instead of a multi-BILLION DOLLAR company writing there own? Strange. :confused:

LOL If Microsoft offered Linux hosting, that would be SO funny. But, they do need to lower their rates a lot if they plan to get too much business :-\

I don't agree. It's a brand name thing. People think microsoft, think huge, then they think ultimate reliability becuase they're a huge company that EVERYONE knows.

cats-computing said:
I don't agree. It's a brand name thing. People think microsoft, think huge, then they think ultimate reliability becuase they're a huge company that EVERYONE knows.
I have to agree that their brand name will carry them. I see them picking up people who don't know anything more than what comes installed with windows. What is the obvious choice for them?

Microsoft has had this service for a long while. If it hasn't affected the market yet, I doubt it will in the future.

It won't affect the market, that's obvious. Their prices are high and many people even knowing Microsoft is a big company their support still needs a lot of work to get a reputable hosting business.

We should be happy that mircosoft is stimulating the economy by using smaller companies, It wouldn't make sense to develop their own it's alot more cost effective to outsource.

kylespringer said:
But more suprising, Microsoft pays for livehelp, instead of a multi-BILLION DOLLAR company writing there own? Strange. :confused:

yeh true good point but using the reputation and respect of microsoft could have helped but as some one mentioned they are far too expensive!!

Personally I think they are expensive but small business's won't even think twice about paying that for hosting.