Most expensive dedicated server you have ever bought

Pony-

Recently, I realized that my small business' website was close to outgrowing the VPS on which it had been running for quite a few years, so I had to move it to a dedicated server. This is the first dedicated server I have ever purchased, and to be honest, I found it pretty pricey at $200 per month. Mind you, it is incredibly fast and the services are top notch, so it is probably worth it.

I was just wondering: can you tell me what the most expensive dedicated server you ever purchased was ? Was the company just overpriced, or did they offer the best quality for the price? :confused:

Was that an unmanaged server or managed one? If it's unmanaged, it might be a bit expensive, but not pretty pricey, unless it's a P4-based server :)

I don't remember how much for our biggest server, cause it's a long time already, since 2005, when we started colo our own hardware. It really depends on the hardware and services you received.

We have had dedicated servers in the 1,000+ Range. You have to tell us the specs to tell you if it's expensive or not :).

- Daniel :)

Yes, price depends on specs you bought and also managed or unmanaged. If the price is over the industry's average, it must have something valuable.

Are you talking about BUYING or RENTING?
I rented at $169 a month for about a year then I bought a few servers for $3700 each, so as you can see the difference is vast.
We now have 57.

It depends on the applications it's being used for. We utilize 5 servers to operate our website - you figure each one runs between $250-300/month in cost.

That said, we have a couple of large clients that have clustered servers that run in excess of $1,000 per machine, but these are monster machines that are then clustered together. Once of the stores have over 1.2 million products listed in it, so they need that power!

Your server costs should generally run anywhere between 5-10% of your monthly income each month. That's a fair average price. If you skimp on your own equipment in order to make a buck, your clients will suffer! Going cheap for your own site, or servers for your clients, is never going to keep them around long term.

Recently, I realized that my small business' website was close to outgrowing the VPS on which it had been running for quite a few years, so I had to move it to a dedicated server. This is the first dedicated server I have ever purchased, and to be honest, I found it pretty pricey at $200 per month. Mind you, it is incredibly fast and the services are top notch, so it is probably worth it.

I was just wondering: can you tell me what the most expensive dedicated server you ever purchased was ? Was the company just overpriced, or did they offer the best quality for the price? :confused:

Pricing completely depends the server specification and what additional services they are offering at $200 per month. Is it a managed server or unmanaged one ?

Was about £130 pm but it was a dual quad with 32GB ram, 4 disks etc, for $200 I would expect something pretty powerful.

I believe the most expensive dedicated server ive ever bought is from constant.com worth somewhere around $180++

Its a clearance sale, so i grabbed the opportunity.

The most expensive server that we offer ATM will cost you 971.03 USD/mo. However, server's specs are truly amazing and it's definitely worthwhile. Not many clients need such powerful configurations though.

The most expensive server that we offer ATM will cost you 971.03 USD/mo. However, server's specs are truly amazing and it's definitely worthwhile. Not many clients need such powerful configurations though.

The question was about the most expensive dedicated server you have ever bought, not offered.

Well that can go from 50€ to 500€ easily :) Like other forum members, we also provide the servers to our clients, but when we started we used to have servers around 150€. The golden age of Internet ;)

If you are actually gunning for the best results for your small business that price is not that expensive especially you said that it is really fast. :)

What are the other specs on that server that you have, I am sure that with its price per month it should have also great specs :)

Since SSD and massive bandwidth joined the list of requirements from customers - I've seen (and not once) servers reaching $1500 and more...

Why did you start off with a server that is $200? You can easily get a much cheaper one and upgrade if required.