Moving, looking for dedicated server USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostOX

I am moving from a provider, one of the servers so far.

We have two based in USA, burst.

I want the below setup, and I also wish for a discount or a competative price match for me moving to the new host, since it will cause considerable work and down time of course, so at least the first month has to be low.

Quad or Dual Quad 2.5GHz +
8GB DDR2-3 ram
2 x 500GB or 750GB SATAII Disks in RAID 1
5TB bandwidth minimum
29 IP's + 5, can buy blocks ontop of 5.

We do not need support or management, but we need a stable network and we will not need to pester anyone.

We have two USA Nodes for VPS servers, we plan another for hosting only, so the provider we go with, will most likely be supplying at least 3-4 servers to us in the next 3 months, providing it is good.

Hit me up: paul@dialanetwork.ltd.uk

I currently pay about $104 /mo for the above, so get back to me.

ATTENTION WEB HOSTING COMPANIES:

I would like to remind those parties who are considering in making their bid to this prospective customer of the Web Hosting Requests forum rules.

The key success in increasing your chances for proper consideration by the client is to (Rule #1): match (or slightly beat) the request, both technically and budget-wise.

Also, offers are to be made public (Rule #4) and they should not include a simple link to your website (Rule #5).

You can view all the rules governing this forum via this link:
http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/web-hosting-requests/announcement-rules-web-hosting-companies.html

Good luck.

As to add with the above.

The server is up for renewal in about 3-4 days, so offers will be considered, and are needed as fast as possible.

Otherwise I will be waiting another month to move.

Hello Paul,

While we cannot exactly price match your existing service, we can provide you with a very attractive offer for comparable hardware and offer you a 50% discount on your first month's service.

ProVista Technologies has been in business for over 7 years. We can accommodate your current needs and grow with you in the future. All of our services are monitored 24/7 to ensure maximum uptime. We have never missed an SLA in our 7 years in business and are committed to maintaining that record. Our support staff is helpful and responsive and I can assure you that you will feel comfortable working with us for years to come.

Here is what we can offer you. Of course, we can work with you further to customize our offerings to meet your specific needs.

Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz
Choice of Linux OS (Can upgrade to Windows)
5TB Bandwidth on 100Mbps port
2 x 500GB SATA Drives with Hardware Raid 1
5 IP Addresses + /27 IP Block (Justification required)
8GB DDR2 RAM
No Setup Fee + 50% off first month
$189.95/month

If you'd prefer a Pentium D 820 Dual Core 2.8Ghz processor, we can take the price down to $169.95/month.

Please feel free to contact me directly at jsones[at]provistatech.com or by phone at 1-888-865-5690 (ext. 500) with any questions. You can also browse our website at http://www.provistatech.com for more information about our company. I look forward to the possibility of working with you.

Best,

Hello Paul,

While we cannot exactly price match your existing service, we can provide you with a very attractive offer for comparable hardware and offer you a 50% discount on your first month's service.

ProVista Technologies has been in business for over 7 years. We can accommodate your current needs and grow with you in the future. All of our services are monitored 24/7 to ensure maximum uptime. We have never missed an SLA in our 7 years in business and are committed to maintaining that record. Our support staff is helpful and responsive and I can assure you that you will feel comfortable working with us for years to come.

Here is what we can offer you. Of course, we can work with you further to customize our offerings to meet your specific needs.

Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz
Choice of Linux OS (Can upgrade to Windows)
5TB Bandwidth on 100Mbps port
2 x 500GB SATA Drives with Hardware Raid 1
5 IP Addresses + /27 IP Block (Justification required)
8GB DDR2 RAM
No Setup Fee + 50% off first month
$189.95/month

If you'd prefer a Pentium D 820 Dual Core 2.8Ghz processor, we can take the price down to $169.95/month.

Please feel free to contact me directly at jsones[at]provistatech.com or by phone at 1-888-865-5690 (ext. 500) with any questions. You can also browse our website at http://www.provistatech.com for more information about our company. I look forward to the possibility of working with you.

Best,

Is that resold from Burst? I am a reseller there as it is.

And I need a Quad core, I cannot run 10 vm's on a Dual Core, I will get shot :agree:

Yes, that particular server is one of our budget offerings through Burst. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to keep the price as low as it is. We can offer you quad-core service on owned hardware at around $260.

Yes, that particular server is one of our budget offerings through Burst. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to keep the price as low as it is. We can offer you quad-core service on owned hardware at around $260.

I posted I am moving from burst.....

That pricing is also about 80$ profit...

I am a reseller myself, so it is no use, and burst are not the best.
Sorry, I would rather buy that server from myself for less than $80 /mo

Business men are not stupid.

Last edited:
While this is not the proper place for this conversation, I must tell you that you are wrong.

1. The price I provided does not account for $80 profit.
2. We feel that Burst has a reliable network, but not support, so we include remote reboot ports and IP KVMs on all of our leases so that we can provide direct support.
3. As a Burst reseller, you aren't permitted to use your discount for your own use - so using another provider is reasonable.

We are professionals, and never questioned your intelligence. Consider our offers withdrawn.

While this is not the proper place for this conversation, I must tell you that you are wrong.

2. We feel that Burst has a reliable network, but not support, so we include remote reboot ports and IP KVMs on all of our leases so that we can provide direct support.
3. As a Burst reseller, you aren't permitted to use your discount for your own use - so using another provider is reasonable.

We are professionals, and never questioned your intelligence. Consider our offers withdrawn.

That server, $60 max, monthly.

Dual Xeon 2.8GHZ Dedicated Server - FREE MONTH - RESALE - DUAL CPU 2.8GHZ 533FSB (512K CACHE) w/HT - (USE PROMO CODE: 1MDX28-RESALE)
1 Month Price - $52.46 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee - 12 Month Price - $524.60 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee

Gives you your 50% first month, even without the below extra disks, you are making plenty.

Custom setup of course.

So with, here it comes, 2 x 500GB, 8GB DDR2.

Grand total $107, oh don't forget the IP block, $7.50 /mo

Lets do some maths.

Sorry my bad, $75 /mo, $5 less, your right, sorry.
Even with KVM, $40+ profit is being made, I don't need your support, nor do you need KVM.

Burst do provide a decent network, at times, support is also ok when it is needed.
Well my operations have been verified with BurstNET, and they seem to pass for them?

Great, keep your offers, $75 profit from a resold server, you could sort me a quad for that and still make $70 profit a month.

Last edited:
I will draw your attention back to a previous post.

This is my last post on this matter as I do not appreciate your unprofessional and disrespectful approach. You requested budget service. You're not going to get much better than Burst at a price like that.

I wish you all the best in finding the service you desire.

I will draw your attention back to a previous post.

This is my last post on this matter as I do not appreciate your unprofessional and disrespectful approach. You requested budget service. You're not going to get much better than Burst at a price like that.

I wish you all the best in finding the service you desire.

I don't see how I have been disrespectful at all, nor unprofessional.
I have pointed out you are making a heafty profit from me, yet I stated clearly I am moving from 'burst', you clearly did not read my thread.

So that annoys me, why bother to offer me a server 80USD more than I pay now, for less specs?

And for the record, you can get a lot better in multiple places for $189 /mo.

I don't like people reselling to me for such a profit, and I also like people to respect my thread, I am moving from 'burst' please do read.

As for the 'budget' service, I also did not specify I wanted a budget server, and $189 isn't budget, thats premium.
I have a price to sustain, hence why I need a Quad core minimum, you shouldn't post if you are going to offer me a dual core, don't sum up to me.

I prefer not to profit too much from people, that is all I ask, the same back from people in this industry.

You basically, quoted me 60% extra on the price, for less specs, in the same datacenter? Defeats the object of moving.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, both sides' opinions were heard. Please get back to posting offers only, or I will have to do some cleaning in this thread.

Further argumentative posts will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.