multiple sites

ladyelizabeth

Hi,

if one has a few sites to be hosted. Can he do this with a reseller account? Or would it be better off with getting individual plans?

thanks

You'd probably be better off getting a small reseller then you can allocate resource between your sites in the way you'd like rather than being limited to the standard packages most companies offer.

Hi,
I would recommend checking out hosting review sites so you can search for your requirements. Just search google for "hosting reviews".
silvermoon

If you look on hosting review sites then be careful still because some of them have paying advertisers who are hosts and this may confuse the results a little making you wonder if the number 1 is actually the number 1 or did they pay to be there.

I would suggest you to get a Reseller account unless you want the accounts spread out over different servers and to have different IPs.

this depends

This depends on your needs or requiremens.
Are these all your domains, or your customers?

The reason I say this is our company like some other hosting companies offer both regular hosting and reseller hosting BUT both of our reg hosting and reseller hosting you can actually host "unlimited domains" on either plan!

You will have to 1st determin what your need are and how much you want to spend per month.

For example we have a few customer who host 50 sites within their one domain account and choose to only pay $5/mo.
They are farily small sites, but works well for them.

If you are more interested in having your own web hosting company & want more options and total 100% control of all of your sites I do recomend having your own reseller hosting account.. this way you can trouble shoot emails, restrict & monitor each account, control bandwidth and megs and much much more.

How much credibility do the web host review sites have when you know that they sell rankings to who ever has the money to pay for them?

None at all :) You would hope for a web host review site that it could be advertising free... or only allow advertisements for related products like control panels and billing solutions etc... I would hope not to see a top 10 list of hosts who paid the most cash to be there.