My Domain is going to end soon....?

Jade

One of my domains that I purchased a year ago, is going to be up soon. What do I do? What do most registrars do?

I am expecting a email or something similar, but I am not sure how these things work.
Also I am assuming they will give me the chance to purchase the domain for another year?

Any information you can provide is grateful.

Do not rely on email notification. While they may send it, anything could happen, from a glitch in email, to your server being down, etc, and you may miss the email.

Go to the site, login to your account, and renew your domain.

Depending on the domain registrar, they may renew it for you automatically, but it's always best to login and check. At least then you can certainly avoid any surprises.

Thanks, I thought that was probably the best thing to do also. I have forgotten who I was with though seeing as it was nearly a year ago.

Is there anyway I can do a search on my domain or something similar, which will tell me where it is registered?

don't lose the name!

We manage a couple thousands names for our clients. Although I hate managing all the names I do see too many of my clients lose their name just because they forgot they had to pay for it.

They will contact us after it expires and tell us they want to renew it. Unfortunately they usually have it registered with someone else and there is nothing we can do for them. We just host their website.

Many of my clients have changed from myname.com to myname.net because they lost their domains and never even realized it. So they scramble to buy a .net or .org, but none of their customers will ever know to go to the new name.

Domains are only $10, you people need to guard them with your lives. Learn what it takes to manage it and make sure you have control of them.

Losing a doamin can cost you your business. That is an expensive mistake and with all the unsavory people out there buying the expiring domains and offering them for sale, you need to be on your toes.

Cheers for the link, I have got my domain renewed which is brilliant. I didn't want to loose it, but I am with several registrars and I can't remember who they are.

*Note to self* Be more organised with this stuff!

One thing I don't like is that it shows my address, not a feature I am keen on. Is there anyway I can get this information hidden? My mother would kill me!

After running my site through the link that Blue provided, it is with my web host - Lunarpages.

I wish they wouldn't share this information, I would rather give a phone number than my completed address, where any random person could find me!

Should I contact them about it?

Registrars require you to list accurate information and they are required to list it.
Most registrars will offer a privacy feature, but of course there is a charge.

I had a look and yes they do charge to get the information removed, so I don't think I will bother to much.

I just hope my mum doesn't find out, or it will be my guts for garters!

There are also registrars that do this free, it's all a matter of finding the right one (research first)

Cheers for that tip, I might have a look around then for a registrar which does this. It is better to be safe than sorry (I mean with my mum)!

As I would rather it be removed, but don't fancy paying for it.
Student low on cash here!

Namecheap.com offers Free WhoisGuard Subscription With Every New Domain Registration/ Transfer.

Use coupon YAFFASPECIAL for $0.90 off new registrations.

Hello,

The domain registrar normally sends a mail, if you have checked on the domain registration auto-renewal.

Also you can contact your domain registrar and make the necessary payment and get the domain renewed.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thanks but I didn't receive an e-mail from them and also I have all ready gone and renewed it. So I am sorted for the next two years, well until I remember that it needs renewing again!