My Hosting Adventure

David Vazquez

Hey guys!

My name's David and I'm here sharing my Hosting Ventures proving to myself that anything truly is possible.

To me, web hosting started as a small reseller account I had the chance to mess around with. Tinkering with cPanel WHM led me to wanting to start my own web hosting business. Problem is, I'm only 15 years old so I didn't have much experience. I always, for whatever reason, tried and failed. However, the dream was still there to be in the web hosting business.

I later purchased my first VPS and worked with a few companies helping them with their business as well. Along the way, I continued to try to open more and more hosting businesses but once again, tried and failed. People on different sites including web hosting talk and even here, always somehow put me down saying I will never buy hosting from someone who is only 15 and runs the damn business.

This sometimes made me rather angry leaving me in dismay at times, forcing me to forfeit my goals. I later decided to buy a dedicated server to LEARN MORE about the hosting business to possibly get better in my ventures. I decided to go with SingleHop since I heard a lot of great things about them earlier.

I played with the dedicated server for about 2-3 weeks. I then decided to have a chat with Mike Crosse about possibly becoming an intern for SingleHop to learn about the hosting business. A day later I was having a chat with Zak Boca, founder of SingleHop. We discussed all that I can possibly do remotely.

I was then hooked up with an internal Jabber account to chat with the SingleHop staff. I started my duties as a Community Manager for the SingleHop Community. That itself was a great feeling just thinking that I have a spot in one of the biggest names in hosting. I worked on the Community for about 1 month. I then spoke to management about becoming a General Support technician.

Once again, within the following few hours, I was setup with access to our backend systems and was ready to go at the General Support tickets and then later became a datacenter technician.

It's been about 3 months that I'm with SingleHop as the SingleHop Intern now and so far it has been such an amazing experience. I gotta say I'm learning a lot and making a very nice living out of it. I'm planning on staying with them for a long time and I have no intentions of leaving any time soon. So if your a customer of SingleHop, be looking out for me answering your tickets. :D

As to everyone now in the hosting business or planning to start something in the hosting business: disregard everyone that puts you down and don't let even the smallest hurdles get in your way. Go for it, and never look back.:)

Thank you to everyone that helped me through this, especially Zak, Andy and the rest of those who helped me get to where I am at SingleHop. :)

What an inspiring life story i have learned important lessons from it i hope every other person who reads posts on HD too. I would like to congratulate you on your achievements and thank you for sharing such a experience. :touched:

:thankyou: :thumbup:

Very great to hear such a happy story. As for the people that put you down... well that's just the tip of age racist. At this point I know a few 22 year olds that still act like a 12 year old if only. Age is irrelevant but its that the mental maturity is what counts. Thats How I look at it.

As I became a web Developer at age 13 learned my first language in computing and developed from that age on. Such a long time now to look back but that was only from the independent body that wanted me to provide them with a product. They knew I was mature enough at the time to take it serious and I sat down learned about static websites etc and produced a fully operational website 3 weeks later.

So as I said.

Age and Mental abilities are 2 massive differences! and should not be weighted the same with every person.

The story sound like a good one, but it is also self-promotion as far as you are praising a company and at the same time you have financial interest to do this. If Singlehop is a responsible company they should not tolerate such posting.