Nameserver Register problem

getwebh

I just got my dedicated server and i went to registerfly.com to get my nameserver. So i registerd one for ns1.get-reseller.com & ns2.get-reseller.com. Its been over a week and still isnt working. But registerfly said its been registed but i pointed my domain to the new DNS but still doesnt work here is the stats which says it failed
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=get-reseller.com

if anyone knows what the problem is please let me know.. Thanks

Well, there are several things it could be.

I'm assuming you own that domain so:

1) You need to make sure that through your domain registrar you've setup ns1/2 as registered DNS servers (otherwise your customer's won't be able to point their domains to your ns servers).

2) The next thing you would need to do is setup DNS properly on your server. You need a DNS zone to include the ns1/2 entries (these aren't normally setup as part of the skeleton dns zone that gets setup automatically with most hosting systems, such as cPanel, plesk, etc).

3) Once all that is done you have a few days before all the DNS entries propogate/filter out to the Internet.

If you want help with this over IM, feel free to email or pm me and I'll be happy to provide live support for checking everything for you (although this is really something your host should be doing and you might want to consider that when deciding if you stay with them or not)....if your in the US I can also have you call my companies 888 number and walk you through it over the phone...

I think nocturnalhostin runs on nuclear power. He just keeps going and going like a nuclear sub. :)