Need help with my M6.Net host!

Max4

I recently bought a m6.net i'm not too happy with it.. But my parents' said that this is the last webhosting I can switch to so I have to stick with it... I can't get it to work it just links back to their site. I tried to make an index.php and index.htm, and index.html they all lead to the same place. Please help!

If anyone wants to see for themselfs its

http://guildofgold.m6.net/

I've also bought http://guildofgold.com but they never set it up.. Also I called them they do not responed I got them to call me back once, it was a lady that transfered me to someone that speaks only spanish and boy was that no help.. :crap:

Last edited:
phonetg2.gif

Max4 said:
Cute.

Max, in order for us to help we need a little more information than that. I assume you purchased hosting from M6.net but you can't resolve your domain name to work with it?

If you purchased a domain name guildofgold.com - you can go to your domain registrar and edit nameservers to the ones M6.net provides you with. Every hosting company has nameservers that look like this:

NS1.HOSTINGCOMPANY.COM
NS2.HOSTINGCOMPANY.COM

You should substitute those with the ones your company provides. Keep in mind it takes up to 48-72 hours in order for nameservers (or also refered to as "DNS") to propagate, or become active.

After you've achieved that - you should login to your hosting account through FTP Client and upload an index page into the main folder. In most cases that folder is "public_html".

But again, let us know precisely what's not working for you.

Best,

Max4 said:
haha funny stuff :p

Like Artashes said, make sure your domain nameservers are setup properly. I'm hoping you bought the domain name? If not, do you have access to it at all?

Once the domain name is setup properly, things should work out very easily.

Also did they send you a email that included your username, password, IP address?
If you have the IP address you can technically upload your content, while the domain set's it's self up.

You need to set up your domain to nameservers provided by M6.net or if they do not provide name servers, then have domain forwarded to http://guildofgold.m6.net/

Unless done so, you will not be able to see your site at the above mentioned domain.

And it has their stuff on your site because it is supposed to insert an index file for all accounts with directory structure or accounts lacking index file or new accounts. Replace or make new index.php or index.htm and it will go away. Remove the index file you have in account before doing so, don't try to replace it. At times replace may not work, so delete index file and upload new one. Let us know how it goes.

I payed for the Domain, I've been waiting for about 3 days now for it to set up. I've called them about 9 times. 3 Times a day... I've emailed them 2 times, but they don't reply to email. They do not pick up your calls, and the company is very poor..

There was no "public_html" folder so I created my own.. Well you know what... It ain't happenin' it didn't work. I put index.htm in there nothing happend, still redirected me to their site. Have a look for yourself: guildofgold.m6.net

Max, seems to me that you paid for the domain through the company? If so, they have control over it and you won't be able to access it yourself.

However, pointing at guildofgold.m6.net doesn't make sense because its not a separate-standing domain. Since m6.net doesn't offer sub-domains, I think you just have to focus on guildofgold.com name.

I recommend to submit a ticket to support department of theirs and ask them when your domain and account will be setup?

PS: If you didn't have "public_html" folder, you cannot create it yourself - it won't work that way. You have to follow the instructions given by the company.

Best,

The domain you want is not registered yet. If it is of any importance to you, I suggest you register it yourself quickly using another registrar such as Namecheap. You can deal with M6 later on.

I bought it, I used the flex packet, the second option and it said included a free domain. So I registered for that instead of paying an extra 15.00 USD what a rip off.

When did you originally buy hosting with them?

Did you sign-up for the domain with them at the same time?

Right now you have a sub domain with them. Your domain is not active. If they have not registered your domain yet and it has been a significant amount of time you should break down and buy it through a reputable company like mentioned before. Namecheap is a great company for domain name registration. Even without support you should be able to get the domain running at least temporarily through their control panel given that everything on their end is working and setup properly.

Have you ever done a background check of the company? I really hope you did your research on their services. Chances are if your having these many issues with them, that other people are having as much issues too and would have posted about it.

I really hope you do get a refund. If they aren't replying you can always submit a chargeback.

Mabus said:
Right now you have a sub domain with them. Your domain is not active. If they have not registered your domain yet and it has been a significant amount of time you should break down and buy it through a reputable company like mentioned before. Namecheap is a great company for domain name registration. Even without support you should be able to get the domain running at least temporarily through their control panel given that everything on their end is working and setup properly.
Max, I would follow this great recommendation.

I also think you should register your domain name at Namecheap (remember that you want to be in CONTROL of your own domain name at all times). Having the domain registered by and through the company can cause problems down the road. It doesn't cost much, just $9/year, but provides you with control and peace of mind. I would, however, speed this process up, because if someone who doesn't have good intentions read this thread can register the domain and then try to sell it back to you at a higher price.

THEN, simply switch the nameservers to the ones provided by M6 and it should take a few hours before you can upload the content by accessing M6 control panel.

Best,

Oh, but I've quit m6.net found a very very nice hosting service called AN Hosting! It's EXCELLENT! You can do almost anything on it just pay about 80 USD the first year, next year it goes to 15 USD!

Hi Max,

it looks like your domain in m6.net is up and running now.

There is something not very happy about this, I did a whois search for you and you don't appear as owner of your domain name. If you cancel your account with m6.net you will probably loose it.

Did you read the terms and conditions? how does it work?

The domain name is a very important asset for your internet business: the name has value in itself, and everything you do to create inbound links give it even more value.

If you are not going to own your domain name, it doesn't matter how cheap the hosting is, the best thing is to run away from it.

Regards,
Sandra.

Sandra,

My guess is that the user registered his domain name (or applied for a free domain during the sign-up process) through his company of choice: M6.net. That is why we are seeing M6 information in domain Whois.

Best,

Artashes,

yes, it is clear that he let them do the work for him. Now, see what the company says about registration:

http://www.m6.net/domains.asp

Register domain: Check your domain name using above WHOIS interface to check the availability of particular domain name. To register the domain name all you need to do is simply send us an email at sales@m6.net domain name and request to register it. The domain will be registered in your name and it will cost you only $15 per domain per year.

Maybe the name is at his name, and my search was not correct.

When you register a name for other person, you put your contact info to make things easier, but in the registrant field you put the name of the client.

BTW $15 for a domain is crazy. :pirate:

Sandra.

The domain can be in the hosting company's name to prevent complaints about customer info being made public. They would not be the first host to do this. If this is the case though, they will release the domain to its rightful owner upon request.

BTW $15 for a domain is crazy.
It's a price. We have no idea what their costs are, or what markup their consider fair. In a market economy, everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.