Need stock photography?

sherdog75

www.istockphoto.com

Has to be the cheapest stock photography website that I have found to date! for 1.50 you can buy some relly nice stock photography in 300dpi..
and for .50 cents you can buy web 72dpi photos... very nice to those looking for some stock photography

Might want to check your site out there..

This is the placeholder for domain istockphotos.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

This page has been automatically generated by Server Administrator.

Indeed. I use them for the majority of my stock photography, they're a great resource and sometimes you can find a steal (Looks great, and hasn't been downloaded much).

The only thing I don't like about 'em is you cannot use their images on templates you make, or things like that, so I don't use them that much, but do use 'em for the majority of images on my actual website.

If you wan't images for templates you need to buy reseller rights to the images and that can get expensive. But there is a reason. Photography is not a matter of pointing and shoting and you have a great picture (it happens but rarely). There is usually a lot of thought behind a good picture. I've just started photography as a serious hobby. Yesterday I bought an Centon 100k SLR camera which I LOVE using.

Yeah, I know. Shame though that iStockPhoto doesn't give the option for the reseller rights though.

I used to know of a place where you can buy images, and then use in templates, etc. you sold, but firstly it was expensive (~$100/image), and secondly the images were no way near as good as those at iStockPhoto. (Not really expensive because you could put them in templates you sold, etc., but for the quality of the images it was way too much IMO)

I just cannot find a good stock photography site. I don't mind paying a lot, as long as they are decent photos; but it just doesn't seem as if one exists (Where there are decent photos with reseller rights).

If you wan't images for templates you need to buy reseller rights to the images and that can get expensive. But there is a reason. Photography is not a matter of pointing and shoting and you have a great picture (it happens but rarely). There is usually a lot of thought behind a good picture. I've just started photography as a serious hobby. Yesterday I bought an Centon 100k SLR camera which I LOVE using.

Photography can be expensive and needs good equipment to get good results. I have tried taking pictures for websites in the past and they basically look rubbish no matter how hard I try. :) I will just get my sister in law to sort all that out for me! She is great.

superstar4410 said:

I'd love to be good at photography. I get married on Friday and a photographer would cost us at least £1000 for the day. That's good money!

(We decided just to let everyone bring their own digital cameras then we'll ask them to send us a CD with them all on. £1000 is just too much for a photographer.)