Networking Problem

schatzi

My husband and I have no idea how can we be contented to our networking. Until now, we are looking for the solution of our problem.

What should we do in order that the pc1 can access the data from pc2? or in other way around?

Please help us in details. We are new internet lovers now.
What should we need to have a good networking?

Thank you so much for that link. I have checked and I think it helps. I have also learn something out from that link.

More Power!

Until now, we have not solved our problem. It does not function how we wanted to.

Is this because we have different OS? I mean I have windows xp home edition and he has xp professional?

We have already set up but still doesn?t function.

Can anyone help us?

Do you have a share set up on your computers? if so, go to Start - Run, type in \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARENAME - replace COMPUTERNAME with your Computer Name and SHARENAME with the name of the share

We have already set it up. I replace the computer name with my own name and the sharename is the same with the other computer. This means, we have set up different computernames in each computer but the same sharenames.

But still he cannot access my data but I can access with his data.

What is the problem?

Schatzi there's no problem with OS. It doesn't matter if you have different OS in each computer. There might be a technical error with your network so why not try to ask help for a computer technician nearest to you?

It doesn?t functioned. I mean, technician had not able to solve this problem. We had already correct set up and still, the pc2 cannot access to the other, only pc1 can access to pc2.

I hope anybody could tell us a tip.

Really? I think the technician you had is not yet familiar to technical problems. Try to look for the best one.

Just run the wizard from each pc and reboot. I also recomend to update the service pack first. If it still not solve, please run ping. Make sure it reachable. If you not sure how to do it, here are some basic step.

open command prompt.
type ipconfig
you will get your pc ip address.
type ping other_pc_ipaddress example to ping pc2 ping 192.168.1.2

If you get unreachable result, it may cause by your connection

Thank you for having patience in giving me an answer. I will try this tonight. I think it is better to try this if my husband is around.

Technician had recommended to format my pc in order that the two pc are same (windows xp professional.)

Having different OS is not a big deal. It can't affect the network. Infact I am also using different version of OS in my PC but I don't have any problem in my network. But if that would be your technician's last alternative then try to reformat it.

I am already starting to make back ups in my important datas. Maybe by weekend, he will reformat my pc.

Just confused, what is correct? must the two pc have the same ip address to be given? or what?

No, we can not have 2 or more same ip address in same network. May I know what is the ping result? Do you have any firewall installed? Do you have any router install on your network? Please briefly discribe your network setup. For example, 2 windows pc connected to switch, adsl modem connected to switch etc?

I am already starting to make back ups in my important datas. Maybe by weekend, he will reformat my pc.

Just confused, what is correct? must the two pc have the same ip address to be given? or what?

Have you tried pinging your IP on the command prompt? I agree with helmishariff, that we cannot have an identical/same IP address in one network. If that happened, I'm sure that would be the cause of your problem.

Actually we have different IP address for both computers. I was only confused. Thank you guys for giving attention for my questions.

At last my problem is now solved. There was a system installation error in my pc that is why we were not able to come up the networking well. Although we have already set up the home networking rightly.

Anyway, I am now contented and happy that both pc can access to each other.