New member in town

Proficient

Hey guys,

I found hostingdiscussion.com when searching for "WEB HOST FORUM" in google.

I thought I'd sign up and tag along. Although activity is low, it looks like this place gets into deep discussions with valuable information. I'd like to contribute to said discussions with more valuable information.

Thanks for having me.

Hey Proficient, thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

HostingDiscussion has a very long history as it is one of the oldest web hosting communities on the Internet. I certainly hope that you enjoy your experience here and I am looking forward to gaining you as a contributing regular member!

Feel free to let us know a little bit more about yourself. Do you work in this field?

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Welcome to the forums Proficient.

Side note: Nice Job Artashes on getting Hosting Discussion to rank #2 for "web host forum" and #3 for "web hosting forum". Not an easy task to do with the millions of results that are returned!

Hey Proficient,

Welcome to the Webhsoting Discussion community.

Web hosting is the most important topic when you are going to live your website.

Side note: Nice Job Artashes on getting Hosting Discussion to rank #2 for "web host forum" and #3 for "web hosting forum". Not an easy task to do with the millions of results that are returned!

Thank you, but actually I haven't done much of the work myself. There have been multiple variables in play: the age of the site, the traction, the quality of the content, the controlled number of the advertising spots and a bit of awareness with the keywords and descriptions is the reason why HostingDiscussion ranks well across the board.

The site has done well with some of the most popular keywords (hosting forum, web hosting forum, web host forum, etc). I think we'll do even better for a lot more other searches in 2013 with a couple of ideas I'm working on.

Aaaaand back on topic. :)

Regarding the forum, I think the content is great. Looking back on old threads, users who've asked questions, received detailed answers. I think that's the bread winner with this forum. Keep an eye on the fluff and toss it before it because a nuisance and keep providing quality information.

If there is anything I can suggest, the forum can use a facelift. I know you're limited due to vBulletin, but bringing this website to 2012 standards would be nice. I'm positive a new look will bring more members.

:smash: If you build it, they will come!

If there is anything I can suggest, the forum can use a facelift. I know you're limited due to vBulletin, but bringing this website to 2012 standards would be nice. I'm positive a new look will bring more members.

In a forum business, the looks actually hold little importance to decision-making of a user to join or not. I have seen quite a few successful sites that run default vBulletin theme, yet have no problem attracting members.

Having said that, a good looking website is just more pleasurable to spend your time on, without question. I've spent a lot of money on the current look, which was designed by a great artist. The idea was to make a good investment by build something that will be relevant in the long-term. I still find the site very much cool today. I always consider feedback, but I think that if visual changes do arrive, it won't happen soon. Not before 2014 at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost