New pricing for Stripe in Europe

easyhostmedia

Good news for anyone using Stripe in Europe. got this email

Hello,

Good news! We're lowering our prices for our European users, effective as of December 9th. There's no action necessary and we'll automatically apply the new price to your account.

Our new price for users in UK will be 1.40% + 20p for all European cards and 2.90% + 20p for all non-European cards.

We've done the maths: switching over to our new rate, you'll pay 13% less in fees than on your current rate.

As always, volume discounts apply to our larger users—please get in touch with us once you're processing more than £30,000 per month and we will provide a custom quote.

If you have any questions or feedback about this change (or Stripe in general), please let me know.

Thanks for using Stripe!

Joe

Good news for you. I got the email for 1 of my software projects also, the new pricing would actually cost more in fees so I won't be switching over (2.4% currently vs the 2.9% proposed for non-EU clients).

With the majority of my clients on this project being non-EU based, I'll keep the 2.4% :).

Good news for you. I got the email for 1 of my software projects also, the new pricing would actually cost more in fees so I won't be switching over (2.4% currently vs the 2.9% proposed for non-EU clients).

With the majority of my clients on this project being non-EU based, I'll keep the 2.4% :).

Currently all clients that use stripe are in the UK with UK cards. But now as Visa/Mastercard allow you to pass any fees onto clients, this means i have to recalculate handling/processing fees as WHMCS does not allow fees to be added per payment processor, so an average fee has to be created and use the WHMCS tax feature to add this to invoices.

That is good for EU based companies. Only problem is they only settle payments in sterling pounds in UK. Hopefully they will allow other currencies so we don't lose out during currency conversion.