New Server, Need Help

getwebh

I just bought a server from tomsyer.net and they said it will be managed if i get cpanel and RH9 with it. I got ther email with all the details and it tol me to do a setup for WHM. I wanted to know if thats normal for a managed server. Do i have to do that myself or shouldve they done it?

getwebh said:
they said it will be managed if i get cpanel and RH9 with it.
Well if you did in fact get cpanel and RH9, then THEY should help you with it I guess:
Only RedHat based cPanel Servers are Managed by us. If you order a server without cPanel it is 100% Self Managed by you the Server Owner. On cPanel Servers we will fully set it up for you if requested (Fedora, RH9 only)
I would recommend reading the terms though.

As to the question of whether or not being told to install the software by yourself for a purchased server being a "normal practice" i'd have to say that it isn't. I have never known of ANY data center to do that (Burton hosting, value web, rack force, rack shack, ev1, etc).

So, i'd have to say that isn't normal at all - its something they should do on their own, before even giving you the server information. Now, configuring the server once everything is installed would be more normal (I'd see something like a host setting up only one IP address and then you have to add the rest of your allocated IPs into cpanel on your own...but thats about it).

Hope that helps...

Excellent news. I'm glad they came through. I hope it happened without them accidentally coming across this thread though. :D

Artashes said:
Excellent news. I'm glad they came through. I hope it happened without them accidentally coming across this thread though. :D

Artashes....just check your PMs though....I just realized this post was from the same user I offered to help earlier tonight...