New York City Transit Strike

WarpFactor

As many of you know, today the transit workers in New York City went on strike effective 3AM. Subways, cabs, and other forms of public transportation are now offline, and the city is in major gridlock. Do you think it is right for these workers to strike? I don't think it should be permitted. If I was the head of the transit authority, I would serve each worker a pink slip. Thoughts?

Hmmm tell me more about it because im from the UK i dont know anything about these workers and why they have gone on strike

Well they should start to pay them more! I knwo my mum is a bus driver! The pay is not very good and the amount of crap they get on the bus... its not right. they should get paid top $$$

I've seen this on the UK news channel ITV News. It showed all the commuters walking to work. I dont think they should strike there are other ways to resolve it. Thousands of people use the transport each day and are counting on it to get to work.

I wonder how long the strike will continue. I agree they should definitely pay these workers more money. It is hard to get around New York without public transportation. This could cause problems for a number of businesses.

sounds like a war. But surely the unions are encouraging them to strike?
When the mta goes on strike in la people riot.

Sounds like what happen to Los Angeles, CA a few years ago. But they where on strike for 2 months. Trust me the AIR was much cleaner with out those buses running for two months :)