Newbie Question

DJInBoise

I'm a newbie and am impressed by this forum. It's nice to have a support group mixed with newbies and those already in the business. I do web design and then referred my clients to another hosting company. No more. What I'm curious about though is the potential. Is it possible to make a decent living reselling hosting? Is the market too saturated already? Thanks for your feedback in advance!

No. The market is not too saturated.
When I say that I mean it's not saturated with hosts who do their job and provide an adequate service.

There are thousands of let's say "wanna be" hosts out there who seem to be saturating the market but they fall by the wayside very quickly and the clients they draw eventually will be in the market for stable hosting.

If you choose to be a reseller and host the sites you develop I would say it would be a viable business move.

The key though is to choose your host wisely. The better the host you choose the less work will be required on your part.

If you are doing work for clients needing hosting, its a great way to get some customers when you are just starting out. market saturation does not matter to you in this case.

get yourself a nice reseller package on a good server and rake in the extra money every month.

Like people have said before me you need to find a good reseller. Base your web host on your needs like end user support, disk space, features etc. I would also test there support system too. Best of luck. Sent from tmobile g1

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback and hope to contribute more to the forum as I learn and hopefully become a hosting expert. I did some research and so far I'm happy with the company I picked. I usually get same day replies and get chat support in less than a few minutes.

If you choose to be a reseller and host the sites you develop I would say it would be a viable business move.

Definitely agreed. Add in some "website management/updates" bonus and the profit margin and customer retention rate are likely to be way higher than what most hosts out there see.

Get all your paper work done in the right way and you'll be set, By me saying this I mean get a good server good providing data center, Um Good software and staff trust me You'll be set just don't go in the bad direction where you don't care and you get any one to be staff and cheap stuff. If you pay alot that money can come back right to you maybe in a slow way but you'll always get that money back each month or year. and its double to much sometimes as much you put into the site.

Well its very saturated, thats for sure. If you want to make any money in this hosting industry you need to find your niche. Like VPS selling, or just servers etc...

Hi DJ Smith,

I think you are in a very good position, you have people you can resell there with you, already doing business with you.

I think you would do good in reselling. All the best.

Regards
Walter Burke

I'm a newbie and am impressed by this forum. It's nice to have a support group mixed with newbies and those already in the business. I do web design and then referred my clients to another hosting company. No more. What I'm curious about though is the potential. Is it possible to make a decent living reselling hosting? Is the market too saturated already? Thanks for your feedback in advance!

GVO has a lot of features that no other hosting company provides and you can make good money building a MLM downline. We have features like free unlimited auto responder and free video producer and free confrense room.

This is the same business model I'm going to follow. I think web designing especially for new businesses only makes sense to offer them hosting too. If I get regular hosting business too, then great.

Mark

There is no easy money in the world ..everywhere you got competition ..Hardwork intelligent work with good support quality is the key..

Yes surely design with offering hosting is a great idea most of the develops to the same.

There is no easy money in the world ..everywhere you got competition ..Hardwork intelligent work with good support quality is the key..

Yes surely design with offering hosting is a great idea most of the develops to the same.

Well said. The best ways to succeed in this industry is to offer value-added services and to find a niche

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123