Offers for Clients

Providing Offers or Discounts on services will cause the better traffic?
I tried doing this but was not happy with the traffic which i got back...

Where did you try it? Hosting is very competitive so it can take time (especially when you're just starting out).

Discounts/promotions defiantly do help with conversion rates I think but you have to find the right formula for your company. Remember, if you don't offer discounts others will.

Try more places, try different promotions and see. Hosting isn't a get rich quick industry.

You need to market the discount/offer thoroughly, it's beneficial to promote the product and tell people as to why what your provide is better than others.

As Alex said "hosting isn't a get rich quick industry".

Discounts, while they may attract new business also attract a lot of business you'd probably be better without.

Discounts, while they may attract new business also attract a lot of business you'd probably be better without.

Very true, and keep in mind that if your potential target audience sees you offering steep discounts all the time, your "real" price becomes the sales price, and not the "list" price. When this happens, you risk distancing your existing clients that signed up for your service at the higher price points.

Slippery slope with discounts.

Is it really a slippery slope with discounts? I offer them on another forum and I find yes I do get some bad apples, but, I use multiple fraud checking systems, and some common sense based on what type of site they have or don't have.. I recently had some low speed spammers on my server.. I noticed they did not update their dns, and informed them they had to update their dns, then checked their actual files, and noticed two accounts, with two names and two different ip's were using the same files, checked a fraud checking service, and others noted they were spammers. I terminated both accounts without a refund. I use fraud record, This service is based on details from actual hosts that monitor and report things themselves.

You have to also realize that there are a thousand other web hosts just like you that are doing the same thing, the question is what can you do better? If you sit here and can not come up with an answer after a week or a month or two, perhaps you are in the wrong business.

Getting rich quick on Web Hosting or Web Design is a lost cause business, in my small town there are about 10-20 small web design firms.

You can under cut your competition, you can offer dollar web hosting, and you can even overload your servers and put cloud linux to keep it going.. but you still have to cover costs, and those costs add up.

You can't increase traffice simply by offering a discount. If you have no traffic no one is going to know it.

Personally I think to get sign ups / clients you have to think outside the box. Try offering something other hosts / businesses dont offer or do offer but not as good as you do.

These days its all about supply & demand. if you have 10 pieces of candy left that no one on earth has then your lucky because the demand may be high but the supply will be low which make it easier for you to price it a a higher amount than normal or then there would be if everyone had 1000 pieces.

offering discounts are a good thing to do and can bring in clients but if you offer to much of a discount you have the chance of scaring away that client / potential buyer because they may think that your going to low and with that price how in the hell are they gonna get good service without any issues.

As long as you can you determine objectively the real value of your package you will have a starting point to tinker with it. Depending on the discount you will always attract some host hoppers who will still leave once its time to pay more, but that is just a loss that you would have to take. As many fail to realize running your marketing that way will most certainly mean that you will be working at a loss for quite some time so you have to be prepared to cover that loss. From there on its all about providing quality and great support in order to build loyalty with your existing clients. Their happiness would bring you more business while you also delve into different marketing channels. As simple as that :rolleyes2

Want it or not you will still have to make discounts because otherwise you will not be competitive with other companies. However, to boost your traffic you can also create a good marketing campaing which of course will cost you way much more money than that.

Discounts will cause a better traffic.
People are savvy about discounts.

Once they just see 50% OFF for 'X' product, they dig till the end.

But this compromise your service quality, imagine an influx of clients you where not prepared for, some just to test the system, others just to make a one time show of it by testing to the limits.

how frequently you give discounts? providing offers on products will increase the traffic only when its advertised in very attractive way.

Discounts can cause an increase in traffic, but it's not really as simple as "one-two-promo". First of all, you need to ensure that people actually know about the promotion - you can run a 99% discount, but you won't get anyone signing up unless they actually become aware of it. When starting out, it's rather pointless to go for heavy discounts, as the initial traffic (unless you've done pre-marketing) is going to be low regardless.

The next step is doing reasonable promotions. I've seen 70-80% discounts out and about, and this is something that immediately scares a lot of people off - especially when they're lifetime discounts. It's not reasonable. This is nothing different from pricing your products, in reality.

To give you a real example, when we started out, we had hosting for dirt cheap, in order to start getting clients who would then give us reviews, which would then lead to a larger instream. Whilst this did work as intended, the clear result when upping the prices to what was the intended standard pricing in the business model, was that we saw a large increase in new customer aquisiton. Simply put, the temporary pricing scared serious customers away - and the same will count for promotions.

Yes, it will help you to get more traffic.
First of all the clients will be happy to see a discounted price for a particular service and they will probably take the opportunity by getting it.

In addition to this if you will advertise it in the proper sites it will help you to get a good traffic as well.

It is maybe a beneficial method to make a discount,and you also let your clients feedback for you on SNS, which will attract more people to order your service

It depends on what type of offers you offer and where you offer them. The best way to do the offers is on WHT, here and your social sites. You are more likely to get better traffic via that.

You need discounts, but you also need something that will make a difference between you and the rest of web hosting providers. As there are many of those who start websites but don't know much about hosting or domains, you could offer them step-by-step guide through everything. They would appreciate this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting