Open in new tab.

Milo Odin

<a href='url.com'>Text</a>
it's a example of link + anchor text in html I want a code for open in new tab can anyone tell me the code (sorry for my bad English)

<a href='url.com'>Text</a>
it's a example of link + anchor text in html I want a code for open in new tab can anyone tell me the code (sorry for my bad English)

There is no html code for this yet. The only option you have is still just opening the link in a new window: target="_blank"

Usually though if you do use

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com" target="_blank">Title</a>

That will open in the default which most modern browsers use tabs but as was said there is no option to specifically say this.

I was thinking about this one last night. If you want to pop something in front of your users, its more user friendly to do it in the same window (i.e. with ajax) than to mess with their browser windows and pop a new window. Something to consider.

its more user friendly to do it in the same window (i.e. with ajax)
Ehh, maybe, maybe not. It depends on how well-coded it is.
I'm thinking of a lightbox/thickbox-esque type JS/ajax. Those vary highly.
I use two on two sites. It's pretty decent.

But you could also easily annoy your visitors.

I believe that as much as possible you should open a new browser window. Especially if you are doing and off topic link. I don't want to lose anyone once I get them to my site. I would rather my users close the new window rather than close my main because they don't like the link content.

There is no HTML code yet which is for opening a new tab.You can open the tab in a new window.You can use this:target="_blank". As for advice,if you want to open something in front of your users,then its better to open it in the same window rather than opening it in a new tab.

Ehh, maybe, maybe not. It depends on how well-coded it is.
I'm thinking of a lightbox/thickbox-esque type JS/ajax. Those vary highly.
I use two on two sites. It's pretty decent.

But you could also easily annoy your visitors.

Too much JS are not good for your load time website. Just use target="_blank" and you will save space and "load time". :)