Panenthe. Your thoughts?

TravisBMA

Host Extraordinaire
What are your guys' thoughts on Panenthe? I am utilizing this for my new business and I find it to be the best virtualization management software around. (No I don't work for them or is this a cheap plug) So I was curious as to your guys' opinions and what you think about this?

Hi!
Well..it looks interesting. I'll be honest..I had never heard of it before. I don't currently have a node to put it on..or i would take a look at it today.

Hmm..maybe next week. Something a bit odd, though.

Is it still in beta? I clicked on the link to sign up for beta testing..and threw an error.

Bryon

The script looks nice and very clean, $1.00 is a decent price for VM but not many people out there seem to be using it at the moment which as a host worries me about how long its going to be around.

So far the two main competitors look to be vePortal and SolusVM, we have gone with vePortal on our servers as it a fully registered company that should be around for a lot longer, also its a bit more pricey but you pay for quality...

So far the two main competitors look to be vePortal and SolusVM, we have gone with vePortal on our servers as it a fully registered company that should be around for a lot longer, also its a bit more pricey but you pay for quality...

It's also a bit troublesome that Solus continues to use free templates for their main site. That just doesn't strike me as something a serious with a serious product does.

Well seeing that there are no experienced comments hopefully it evolves and gets better with a good staff background. And hopefully you can keep us updated as you are already using it we would love to hear more from you.

It's also a bit troublesome that Solus continues to use free templates for their main site. That just doesn't strike me as something a serious with a serious product does.

Exactly, also vePortal really is a great product and we know the team over there very well now.

All depends what you need. Currently Panenthe and vePortal only support OpenVZ. SolusVM has recently started support for Xen.

I would go for SolusVM as well (weak part is their api, but we're pressing hard on them to spent more time on it;) ) - if you want sth cheap consider FluidVM

I have not heard about them ever but with the specifications mentioned, it seemed to be a good service. The features are great and prices are less.